GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, heres the deal, at my last oil change I asked the mech. if he thought Amsoil was any good for the wing. To my surprise he said that he didn't like Amsoil cause it left sticky carmal type film on all the engine parts he ever had to tear into. I questioned him about that and said he just didn't care for it. Has anyone ever heard of this mystery film before?

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
He said that it left sticky stuff on "all" the engine parts he had to tear into?

Sounds like horse manuer to me. Just how many Amsoil engines did he have to tear into? Does he work for the Amsoil top fuel dragster team or something?

I don't care one way or the other about Amsoil (I've used it in the past and probably still would if it weren't for the Amway marketing or profitting if you prefer), But I highly doubt it carmelizes your engine.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
no matter if its the best product in the world

i just couldnt buy it from snake oil salesman

i have yet to hear of any 1800 wing having an oil related failure, if chaged and kept full

and we all know a vast majority use what ever is on sale when they need some

·
Banned
625 Posts
Ok, heres the deal, at my last oil change I asked the mech. if he thought Amsoil was any good for the wing. To my surprise he said that he didn't like Amsoil cause it left sticky carmal type film on all the engine parts he ever had to tear into. I questioned him about that and said he just didn't care for it. Has anyone ever heard of this mystery film before?
Nope. I sell to thousands of customers and never heard of this before. All the parts I ever looked at looked like they came out of the box, even at 140,000 miles with 12,000 mile motorcycle engine oil change intervals and 36,000 mile transmission and final drive intervals. I sell to thousands of customer and never heard of this before. In fact, it even cleaned up the varnish left on my oil window sight glass left behind with the Mobil 1 and BMW synthetic motorcycle oils, and the varnish on my minivan dipstick. Maybe he is confusing it with another oil?

You can also call the AMSOIL tech line at 715-399-8324 M-F 8 to 5:30 CST and see if they have ever heard of it.

·
Banned
1,247 Posts
I've never heard them mention Amsoil was used in a certain vehicle that was selling for 100's of thousands of dollars on Barrett Jackson's Auction
I wonder why they don't mention that Tim?
You would think if you had a vehicle that was fetching close to a million dollars at auction you would have used amsoil in it.:shrug:
I guess it's not the oil that makes a vehicle worth a lot of money!:shrug:
What is your thought Tim?
When was the last time you heard anything about amsoil at Barrett Jackson auto Auction?
I love thes threads about amsoil!!!:bow:

·
Banned
625 Posts
I've never heard them mention Amsoil was used in a certain vehicle that was selling for 100's of thousands of dollars on Barrett Jackson's Auction
I wonder why they don't mention that Tim?
You would think if you had a vehicle that was fetching close to a million dollars at auction you would have used amsoil in it.:shrug:
I guess it's not the oil that makes a vehicle worth a lot of money!:shrug:
What is your thought Tim?
When was the last time you heard anything about amsoil at Barrett Jackson auto Auction?
I love thes threads about amsoil!!!:bow:
Did anybody ask? Boyd Coddington used AMSOIL. AMSOIL sponsors alot of classic car events. I participated at the Daytona Turkey Rod Run last Thanksgiving. Alot of people came by to see me and told me how much they liked the high zinc and phosphorous of AMSOIL oils for their classic cars with flat tappet cam engines. Using API SM with the low zinc and phosphorous was causing excessive wear in their engines, but not with AMSOIL. AMSOIL, via TRICO offers classic car windshield wiper blades. And we offer classic car filters.

Here is another AMSOIL classic car event: http://amsoilupdate.blogspot.com/2009/05/2009-amsoilstreet-rodder-road-tour.html .

If you have heard of Mahle High Performance Pistons, they are a commercial customer of mine.

Thank you for your questions!

·
Banned
1,247 Posts
:shrug:
Did anybody ask? Boyd Coddington used AMSOIL. AMSOIL sponsors alot of classic car events. I participated at the Daytona Turkey Rod Run last Thanksgiving. Alot of people came by to see me and told me how much they liked the high zinc and phosphorous of AMSOIL oils for their classic cars with flat tappet cam engines. Using API SM with the low zinc and phosphorous was causing excessive wear in their engines, but not with AMSOIL. AMSOIL, via TRICO offers classic car windshield wiper blades. And we offer classic car filters.

Here is another AMSOIL classic car event: http://amsoilupdate.blogspot.com/2009/05/2009-amsoilstreet-rodder-road-tour.html .

If you have heard of Mahle High Performance Pistons, they are a commercial customer of mine.

Didn't Boyd pass?:shrug:
You really still work for shell and are using reverse physcology right?:shrug:
What does a piston manufacture need with your oil?:shrug:
Do they use it in their CNC machines ?:shrug:
Do you sell cutting oil?:shrug:
Do they use their pistons in those million dollar cars?:shrug:
Where is wingriderz?:shrug: I know he know's about this stuff?:shrug:

·
Banned
625 Posts
:shrug:

Didn't Boyd pass?:shrug: yeah, about a year ago. Too bad...
You really still work for shell and are using reverse physcology right?:shrug:No. But I like the way you think!
What does a piston manufacture need with your oil?:shrug:I don't know. They place their order direct with AMSOIL, so I didn't get a chance to ask. I might call them later this week, but it might be confidential.
Do they use it in their CNC machines ?:shrug: I don't know.
Do you sell cutting oil?:shrug: No, but maybe I should. I did some research and development on mist reduction in cutting oils at Shell.
Do they use their pistons in those million dollar cars?:shrug: I don't know.
Where is wingriderz?:shrug: I know he know's about this stuff?:shrug:
I don't know. Hopefully he can enlighten us.

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
My dealership sells it. $10.00 quart. If it left sticky stuff/or met MC requirements I doubt the dealership would be selling it.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Amsoil is great oil, plain and simple. As far as their marketing goes.... you either buy it from someone (Amsoil dealer) or somewhere (motorcycle dealerships) or become a member and buy it for yourself at a bit of a discount. How is this snake oil? You are just probably too cheap to buy one of the best oil's ever invented!

Shadow1

Hal

·
Registered
323 Posts
In fact, it even cleaned up the varnish left on my oil window sight glass left behind with the Mobil 1 and BMW synthetic motorcycle oils, and the varnish on my minivan dipstick.

:wrong: :doorag:Now you are showing your true colors Tim.:p

·
Registered
19,048 Posts
I used to use AMSOIL it worked fine and I am sure it still works fine. It is pricey and I now use other MOTORCYCLE SPECIFIC SYNTHETIC brands of oil. I see no difference in them, but am sad to see an AMSOIL representative who is so high and mighty that he thinks it is the best and the other oils are not as good. Tim you are not helping AMSOIL sales with all of your BS. I too am not in agreement with the AMWAY type of distribution that AMSOIL choses to distribute their product. I own a sales rep agency and would terminate anyone who sounded like a record repeating that their product is the best. Buy whatever oil makes you happy and lets ride.

·
Banned
625 Posts
I used to use AMSOIL it worked fine and I am sure it still works fine. It is pricey and I now use other MOTORCYCLE SPECIFIC SYNTHETIC brands of oil. I see no difference in them, but am sad to see an AMSOIL representative who is so high and mighty that he thinks it is the best and the other oils are not as good. Tim you are not helping AMSOIL sales with all of your BS. I too am not in agreement with the AMWAY type of distribution that AMSOIL choses to distribute their product. I own a sales rep agency and would terminate anyone who sounded like a record repeating that their product is the best. Buy whatever oil makes you happy and lets ride.
Do you really think AMSOIL full PAO chemical synthetic JASO MA2 oil at $5-6 a quart is pricey?

Do you not see any difference between full synthetic PAO and petroleum or petroleum synthetic oils?

Do you not see any difference between top level additive packages, and those that just meet minimum performance specs?

Do you not see any difference between a JASO MA and a JASO MA2 oil?

Do you not see any performance differences between AMSOIL and other motorcycle oils in independent ASTM performance tests?

Do you see any oil company say AMSOIL's independent testing results are incorrect?

Do you see any oil company say their oil is better than AMSOIL?

Do you not see a any difference between an 8,000 mile oil change warranty and a 16,000 mile oil change warranty?

Do you need glasses?

You will be fine using any oil that meets the specifications listed in the owners manual. But only one greatly exceeds the specifications and is so confident that they provide the best warranty with double the OEM mileage oil change recommendation up to a year, and openly challenge all oil companies to publish data showing their oil is better. So until we find an oil that is better in these criteria, some oil has to be the best, and for now it is AMSOIL.

Thank you for your comments!

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
:capwin::capwin:
Need another round over here!

·
Registered
3,293 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I don't dislike Tim....But I really dislike what he
does, and his manipulative partiality.
His personality just wont let him quit, It
must have the "last word", and
he sure can't take a hint no matter
how direct or beyond a hint.

We don't see Rotella salesmen, and Mobil One salesman
telling us why their oil is the best and telling us
why the others are not good on this board or
anywhere else for that matter.

I do admit that I like to toy with his
sickness and for that I apologize for
my selfish fun.

Tim is an Amsoil Salesman
using this board for his own benefit. If I or "we"
went to Tim as prospective soliciting customers wanting
information from him, it would be entirely different.

Thanks for listening............Jon sends

·
Banned
625 Posts
We don't see Rotella salesmen, and Mobil One salesman
telling us why their oil is the best and telling us
why the others are not good on this board or
anywhere else for that matter.
Maybe it's because they can't as they don't have the best oil. All oils are good that meet the manufacturers specifications. But only one is the best!

I do admit that I like to toy with his
sickness and for that I apologize for
my selfish fun.
I like it to. It gives me many opportunities to clear up incorrect information.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Dont worry dawg,you are a class act,unlike some other wacko,s that post here,OLE YELLER MBG PA

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
" I sell to thousands of customers"

I can't believe with sales like this how you have the time to post here.

Reading your post, I realize if I just used your oil, everything in my life would improve.
Still waiting for "it now cures cancer" line.

1 - 20 of 180 Posts