GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
I think the history of a lack of credible problems from running a CT speaks for itself.
This is a typical logical fallacy called "argument from ignorance". Sorry ;)

I'm not against the use of CTs, but the above video clearly show CTs limitations.
I ride only roads where an excellent grip in all situations is the most important factor. So CTs are out of question.

Also I would hate the fact that when I stop the CT would level with the road and push my 800lbs bike out of balance as showed at 7:55 in the video.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I'm not against the use of CTs, but the above video clearly show CTs limitations.
Actually, that vid clearly shows THAT tire's limitations on THAT bike with THAT rider. The unknowns include, but are not limited to, tire make/model/size/air pressure, bike's weight, rider's familiarity/comfort level with a CT. IIRC, at the near end of the vid, the rider stated he was comfortable with the CT's handling within 10 minutes of riding it.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I’m surprised you found a Honda rep that would tell you that a “CT are no problem.” Every Honda rep I’ve encountered at the district level and above say “no” to CT’s and towing trailers.
?
For company liability reasons I don't know how they could say anything else. (Regardless of how they felt or believed personally).

·
Registered
39 Posts
CT is great on a Goldwing. Don't think it is really suited to an Adventure Bike.That bike has a much higher centre of gravity than a Goldwing, the effects of a wider tyre would be felt more. He took a 50/50 knobby tyre off that bike which would not go really well on a Goldwing. A CT is not for a crutch rockets or dirt bikes. It's not for everyone or every bike, but if you do a lot of highway riding, it is so smooth and trouble free.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

21 - 24 of 24 Posts