GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you know I’ve posted in the past re: the DCT and I really think I’ve gotten past my concerns but there is one I just can’t seem to. There is no clutch lever for me to tap out my tunes. I start listening to my favourite music and then I attempt to play the drums with my hands but my left fingers have nowhere to play and they just hang there seemingly useless as to their intended purpose. My head starts to bob unevenly, my right hand and fingers get upset at the left hand doing nothing, my left foot goes into spasms and tries to gear down but of course it can’t causing my entire left leg to go into a massive cramp that extends from my left toes to my left clavicle. It becomes a perfect storm of events that eventually lead me to sitting in the fetal position in the corner of my garage sucking my thumb.

·
Registered
972 Posts
RFLOL... I feel so badly for you that I am willing to make you an offer. I have a 02 two wheeler and a 03 trike. Both with clutch levers. I am willing ( out of the kindness of my heart, of course) to meet you at Americade this year and trade you 2 for one. This will give you twice as much " drumming " time. And tho I will miss my bikes, I will feel better knowing I have helped my fellow man.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
My heart bleeds for you

As many of you know I’ve posted in the past re: the DCT and I really think I’ve gotten past my concerns but there is one I just can’t seem to. There is no clutch lever for me to tap out my tunes. I start listening to my favourite music and then I attempt to play the drums with my hands but my left fingers have nowhere to play and they just hang there seemingly useless as to their intended purpose. My head starts to bob unevenly, my right hand and fingers get upset at the left hand doing nothing, my left foot goes into spasms and tries to gear down but of course it can’t causing my entire left leg to go into a massive cramp that extends from my left toes to my left clavicle. It becomes a perfect storm of events that eventually lead me to sitting in the fetal position in the corner of my garage sucking my thumb.
Well, you can't be a real drummer then because if you were you would just use the hand grip instead of the clutch lever. The word here is improvise! One guy I knew actually used his teeth to beat out rhythms when he could not use his hands. This is a problem you just need to get a grip on! :grin2:

·
IronMan
17,631 Posts
SO MITE BE A GOOD "INVENTION" FOR YOU TO MAKE MILLIONS ON! A A REMOVEABLE "TUNE LEVER" :wink2: GOOD LUCK WITH IT. OH AND NOTHING IS PERFECT !

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, you can't be a real drummer then because if you were you would just use the hand grip instead of the clutch lever. The word here is improvise! One guy I knew actually used his teeth to beat out rhythms when he could not use his hands. This is a problem you just need to get a grip on! :grin2:
:grin2::grin2:

Too true, one thing I am not, is a drummer. Well, actually there are a lot of things I am not but this isn’t The forum to delve into that deep dark hole.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RFLOL... I feel so badly for you that I am willing to make you an offer. I have a 02 two wheeler and a 03 trike. Both with clutch levers. I am willing ( out of the kindness of my heart, of course) to meet you at Americade this year and trade you 2 for one. This will give you twice as much " drumming " time. And tho I will miss my bikes, I will feel better knowing I have helped my fellow man.
You have to be little more specific on what kind of two and three wheeler.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I love this post. With all the 2018/2019 bashing that goes on here this is such a refreshing change. Thank you. Try air guitar instead. I do it once in a while but my wife gets pissed and tells me to put my hands back on the handle bars. :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
I think you need to mount an electronic drum module on the left bar and a kick trigger at your foot... there's gotta be a bluetooth drum module someplace!

Reactions: RRIXX

·
Registered
589 Posts

Hum this post is about as worthless as a 7ft 3inch 18 year old kid that can't play basketball >:)

·
Registered
7,560 Posts
I miss the lever too.

But for use as an alternate finger rest, rather than a place to drum out the tunes.

When the hand(s) gets a little stiff or sweaty, it is (was) common for me to lay fingers across the levers for a change of pace.

EDIT:

Part of the mount is the master cylinder for the clutch --

Master cyl assy -$130.43
Lever assy - $36.09

And if you really want to keep them guessing at the hose
- Clutch Hose $43, bolt and washers for hose about $14 total

So, $225 or so, from Partzilla....

Anyone looked at getting a clutch lever and mount to install on a DCT?

Maybe keep a spare fob battery in the reservoir?

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
You have no choice but to sue Honda for neglect....:grin2:

·
Registered
469 Posts
I miss the lever too.

But for use as an alternate finger rest, rather than a place to drum out the tunes.

When the hand(s) gets a little stiff or sweaty, it is (was) common for me to lay fingers across the levers for a change of pace.

EDIT:

Part of the mount is the master cylinder for the clutch --

Master cyl assy -$130.43
Lever assy - $36.09

And if you really want to keep them guessing at the hose
- Clutch Hose $43, bolt and washers for hose about $14 total

So, $225 or so, from Partzilla....

Anyone looked at getting a clutch lever and mount to install on a DCT?

Maybe keep a spare fob battery in the reservoir?
That's still cheaper than Honda's foot shifter for the DCT :grin2:

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
That's what I like about this forum; information you never knew you needed, provided at no charge by those who selflessly offer their advice!
:grin2:

Reactions: laen
1 - 20 of 21 Posts