Poor corner worker just waving away!!! :lol:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Dang that ruined his day

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Great visual reminder of how much faster you can slow down on two wheels than a bike that is "laid down." Also very funny video. Looked like the yellow hat guy had a little melt down. :(

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
I watched the very beginning quite a few times and for the life of me, I can't figure out why the "pink" bike went down in the first place. I mean they're approaching a turn and although I don't watch these kinds of races a lot, usually those riders kind-of throw those into a turn. Well, he was barely, and I mean BARELY getting ready to start the turn and BANG, HE'S DOWN.

I just can't seem to see the cause of the first rider going down. Maybe a blown front tire, maybe something in or on the track, hmmmmmm.
Scott

·
Vendor
22,066 Posts
I watched the very beginning quite a few times and for the life of me, I can't figure out why the "pink" bike went down in the first place. I mean they're approaching a turn and although I don't watch these kinds of races a lot, usually those riders kind-of throw those into a turn. Well, he was barely, and I mean BARELY getting ready to start the turn and BANG, HE'S DOWN.

I just can't seem to see the cause of the first rider going down. Maybe a blown front tire, maybe something in or on the track, hmmmmmm.
Scott
He braked too hard going coming up on the turn and locked the front wheel, and then it tucked in under him.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He braked too hard going coming up on the turn and locked the front wheel, and then it tucked in under him.
Exactly, he grabbed rather than squeezed, didn't give the bike time to transfer the weight forward and load the front tire, thereby increasing the front contact patch.

This was a big problem when Ducati first released the 1098. The front Brembo's were so powerful that a grab would put people down in a straight line on dry, good traction asphalt.

I can chirp my 1098's front tire at 90mph with a two finger grab. Now squeeze and you need to keep you eyes half shut to stop your eyeballs popping out under the braking deceleration. And the noise the pads and the rotors make is wonderful.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Thanks for the vid. It was hilarious. Had to watch that guy throw a fit three times.

·
Registered
19,232 Posts
Round and round we go. GP riders are very skillful. Maybe should be a wakeup call to the wingers who are helmetless, jacketless and wearing sandels

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Just saw this video on the morning news, hilarious!!! :thumbup:

Thanks for posting the Youtube!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts