GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fault Code (26) indicates the left knock sensor. Is the sensor located just above the oil filter?
'03 GL1800A

Thanks, John

·
Registered
679 Posts
It's above the left engine guard mount between front and middle exhaust pipe. Need to take off front lower cowl and exhaust pipe protector.
See attached thumbnail.

Fault Code (26) indicates the left knock sensor. Is the sensor located just above the oil filter?
'03 GL1800A

Thanks, John

Attachments

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
If you have a Honda service manual there is a step by step proceedure for testing the sensor circuit. I've done 2 in recent months. One was just a dirty connection at the sensor itself. The other ended up being a bad ECM module. Good luck and keep us informed.

Wayne

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
The sensor is difficult to see. If you have or have access to a bike jack raise it up about a foot. This makes it much easier to see and to work.

Wayne

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
When working on the left side, I put a jack stand of the proper size under the right crash guard and pull the bike that way so it's leaning to the right. Ummm much as I hate right leaning stuff, I find it much easier to work on the left side. Needed to do that when I had to repair the side stand.

Here's my Valkyrie on a jack stand.

jackstnd.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts