GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took the bike out for a ride today. It's 70+ degrees and sunny in Nashville. Thought I had at least half a season left on the bikes shoes. Nope, just not in the cards.
Going to order double dark:

Front-Sport Demon 130/70/18

Rear-Eufori 195/55/16

Now all I have to do is find someplace to mount them.

Anyone in Nashville that knows where I can get them mounted, please post here. I am 6 weeks out of back surgery so taking the wheels off myself is not in the cards for me.

I tried stopping at a small Harley performance shop today, and asked if they would mount them for me (a Harley was sitting in the shop with a CT rear wheel, so I though this could work out well).

Of all things; the manager/owner of the shop told me he does not work on plastic bikes, and would appreciate it if I got my bike out of his parking lot as soon as possible!

When I picked my jaw up from the floor, I told him I would be gone asap; and would tell all my Harley riding buddies about his excellent customer service. He then said if my buddies ride with plastic, he would not want their business :wrong:

So again if anyone in Nashville knows where I might get them mounted I would appreciate a post; and if anyone has input on my tire choice please chime in.

I'm off to take another quick ride; the wife just got home with 2 sisters; seems like a perfect time to get out of here. 300 miles should be enough to get back to a quiet home ;)

Looking Forward to the Dark Side:
Rick

·
Registered
973 Posts
How about posting the name of that shop.
I travel and would not want to accidently stop in there for anything.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Harley and performance are oxymorons aren't they?

How about a name and location of that shop. Sounds like a good place for a ride destination with several buddies?:twisted::twisted:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Guess he has all the business he needs. "What a great customer service record he must have!":confused:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And the requested information is:

TNT Harley Tuners

Small shop that had several (non-plastic) bikes (as stated in beginning thread; one with a CT).

Not sure what was most overwhelming, the size of the owner; or the number of tattoos on his body :roll: (not to mention his approach to a plastic bike rider).

Not a big deal; but I would have thought he could have handled my question differently.

Thinking about calling my non-plastic riding buddies, and seeing about going to his shop, to ask the question again, with my friends in tow.
We all got together at the end of last season at one of the "Non-Plastic" friends house. We calculated the value of all the steeds assembled, and were surprised to find we had over a half million dollars in bikes (plastic bikes included).
Plastic or metal, we all get along fine, and enjoy riding with each other. Yes ribbing each other about what we choose to ride is normal, but I would not change the group I ride with for anything.
It's about the ride, not what you choose to ride!

Keep the sunny side up, and enjoy your ride!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bump:

Still looking for help in getting my tires mounted in the Nashville area, not to mention input on tires selected.

Rick

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Your selection of tires is just fine:thumbup: The only possible negative is on the Battlax and that's only if you ride a lot of twisties. It may feather on the sides. The softer compound on the sides and the deeper tread depth is what causes this., IMO.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Trailsman:

First; thanks for the responce; this is a big decision for me, but I just have to try it (and get it right). Too many positive post's to ignore.

Twisties are what our group looks for; though it takes quite a few miles of slab to get there. I'm looking for tires that will fit this criteria. If I lose some twistie performance, so be it; I have the boss (read wife) to consider.

Her first experience with the "Dragon" was spent hitting me in the helmet saying slow down :cry: Thank "Mother Honda" for the ability to turn off the intercom ;)

By no means am I peg scrapper (that was taken care of years ago); I'm looking for the best overall tire mileage/performance available; with the thought of keeping up with my peg scrapper friends when riding solo:shrug:

I weigh 230, she weighs 300. When double up we sometimes pull a Bushtec trailer.

Any and all input is appreciated, as new tires were just approved by "The Boss".

I told her I was going "Double Dark" (and explaned to her what that meant), she said she was fine with that, as long as I had my research correct.

I just saw your 175/60's post; what would you put along with it to do the job I'm looking for?

Yes; I understand this is a broad question; but most miles will be slab, though I want the ability to keep up solo; with the friends; even then I don't plan on scrapping the custon painted parts on the lower part of the bike.

Hope this question makes sence, since I'm needing to order soon.

Thanks for any/all Input available:
Rick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts