Canuck
2,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...is when and where?????

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
...is when and where?????

I would probably be available Saturday! Maybe Jack or Hal can think of a place in between so they can attend. I am not too familliar with that area. There is Angels in Orangeville on #9 in the middle of town, but that may be a busy spot?? The only one I know off hand.
We have something started and we'll see if there is any interest!! Hopefully there will be... Gil

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
in the middle of town, but that may be a busy spot??
Just as a suggestion..., when anyone is thinking of a spot, try to avoid places that are liable to be busy or congested on a Saturday at noon, in the middle of the summer. It's always fun to find out-of-the-way places, where the usual gaggle of tourists dont congregate.

Try for somewhere a little bit "different"...

Avoid built-up or congested areas...

Make sure there is a decent parking lot where we can stand around and chat for a while without tying the place up...

Make sure the place can accommodate a group. Last RTE there were 12 bikes..., who knows how many as we go through the summer...

Make sure the proprietor actually wants us, and has been contacted ahead of time...

:thumbup:

·
Canuck
2,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's always fun to find out-of-the-way places

:agree::agree::agree:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Just as a suggestion..., when anyone is thinking of a spot, try to avoid places that are liable to be busy or congested on a Saturday at noon, in the middle of the summer. It's always fun to find out-of-the-way places, where the usual gaggle of tourists dont congregate.

Avoid built-up or congested areas...

Make sure there is a decent parking lot where we can stand around and chat for a while without tying the place up...

Make sure the place can accommodate a group. Last RTE there were 12 bikes..., who knows how many as we go through the summer...

Make sure the proprietor actually wants us, and has been contacted ahead of time...

:thumbup:

Great advice Brian! Now , all we need is the person that knows of such a place in that general area to come forward! L.O.L.
Any takers??? Gil

·
Rocket Man
1,558 Posts
Wish I could go but we are riding the roads along the Rideau Canal for a story for Motorcycle Mojo. I think the tradeoff is OK though. Hopefully I can ride the next RTE, and if we settle on a date for that one then I'll take you on some wild and wonderful roads throughout the Northumberland Hills.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Wish I could go but we are riding the roads along the Rideau Canal for a story for Motorcycle Mojo. I think the tradeoff is OK though. Hopefully I can ride the next RTE, and if we settle on a date for that one then I'll take you on some wild and wonderful roads throughout the Northumberland Hills.

Sounds good Ron! Keep up the good work...Gil

·
Registered
543 Posts
I'm riding in the Allied Memorial Remembrance Ride this Saturday but how about Haugens on Sunday?

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Two for lunch at Haugen's for Saturday or Sunday... which ever is agreed upon.:cool:

·
Rocket Man
1,558 Posts
Where is Haugens? Gil

Gil:

Haugens is a great chicken restaurant in Manchester which is on east side of Hwy.12 at the cutoff to go to Port Perry.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Hope this helps all that wish to come out for the 3rd GL1800riders.com RTE!

Latitude, Longitude
44.076842,-78.981872

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Hope this helps all that wish to come out for the 3rd GL1800riders.com RTE!

Latitude, Longitude
44.076842,-78.981872

So, is this a "go" for Saturday?

:shrug:

·
Rocket Man
1,558 Posts
So Ron, Sunday was the only day you could make it. right?/ That would be O.K. with me! So, you call the day and we'll go with that!! Gil
Gil:
We leave tomorrow for a tour of the Rideau Canal system from Kingston to Ottawa. We'll be riding every back road we can to see all the locks and other historic sites along the way. This is the fodder of which stories are written. It will be a four day trip with us in Ottawa when William and Kate are there.

So this RTE is out for me but I'll start looking at the calendar to see when I can host an RTE in my back yard on a later date. I know you guys will have fun at Haugens. Although the portions are less than they used to be, it's still great food. Have fun.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
So Ron, Sunday was the only day you could make it. right?/ That would be O.K. with me! So, you call the day and we'll go with that!! Gil
:agree:

·
Canuck
2,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Haugen's is a great choice. Sadly, can't make it Saturday or Sunday.:wrong: Have fun guys.:frown:

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Table for one please . Its hard to get away when you live on a lake and the kids and grand kids are coming up for the long weekend but they know how to use the boat I can clean the bass when I get home and eat fish and chips for supper. Is it Saturday or.?? I dont want to be there alone.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Table for one please . Its hard to get away when you live on a lake and the kids and grand kids are coming up for the long weekend but they know how to use the boat I can clean the bass when I get home and eat fish and chips for supper. Is it Saturday or.?? I dont want to be there alone.:thumbup:
It is going to be Sunday Jack! It is the better weather day as well! Looking forward to seeing y'all!! Gil

1 - 20 of 40 Posts