GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Wing owner here. I've been riding it a lot. I just like this motorcycle better than any other bike I've ever owned. So, anyway, I'm driving the family out to dinner in the cage. But the car feels funny. Weird. Something was just not right. We turned onto Robinson Road, a pleasantly winding road through some gently rolling hills. As we rolled down a hill and into an easy right hand curve, I had a second of panic: Why was I leaning OUT? I'm going to run off the road! We're about to crash!

Nope. That's just how cars drive.

I guess since I commute on my Wing, ride it almost every day, those motorcycle moves have become my New Normal. So, instead of being a bit uncomfortable as I lean in on the bike, now I feel weird to be in a car that leans OUT.

Weird. Huh?

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Not weird at all ... I notice the same thing after being on a long ride ... driving the cage feels very strange for a while.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Don't worry - you just need to get back your "C" legs. Sorry, couldn't resist.:joke:

·
Registered
43 Posts
i find my self waving to other motorcycles when im in my car , i also ride the Wing on most days , guess you get used to doing same routine

·
Registered
188 Posts
The more you ride the more your perspective will get skewed. I ride 70 miles a day every day on 285 which is Atlanta's perimeter highway. If you aren't doing 70 you are holding up traffic. I passed a SmartCar the other day, and the first thought in my head was "That's one brave SOB driving that little car out here on 285."

Yeah...while I'm on a motorcycle!

HA HA HA HA!!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
The more you ride the more your perspective will get skewed. I ride 70 miles a day every day on 285 which is Atlanta's perimeter highway. If you aren't doing 70 you are holding up traffic. I passed a SmartCar the other day, and the first thought in my head was "That's one brave SOB driving that little car out here on 285."

HA HA HA HA!!!!
Yeah but it looked something like this.......:lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Just wait till your wife watches you LEANING into the turns while sitting at your computer watching deals gap videos on youtube!

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Ever think of all the changes and adjustments your body and mind have to make when you go from your bike to your car ???

Right hand changes from throttle, steering, and major braking to steering and gear shifting ...

Left hand changes from clutch and steering to steering only ...

Right foot changes from rear (minor) brake to throttle and only brake.

Left foot changes from gear shift to clutch.

Confusing ??? ... and cornering without leaning ??? :shrug:

:lol:

·
Registered
1,634 Posts

HA HA HA HA!!!!
And I thought I was the only person to think that!! I ride in Dallas every day, almost 100 miles roundtrip....

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Just wait until you have to drive the car several days in a row then get back on the bike and at the first stop you forget to put your foot down.
Bob

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
i find my self waving to other motorcycles when im in my car , i also ride the Wing on most days , guess you get used to doing same routine
Ha too funny i did the same thing today...Been mostly driving the bike also;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts