GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Fred - I predict that you're going to love them. Max and his crew did a great job on my bike. I've got close to 10000 miles on my '04 ABS Wing since my visit to Woodstock, GA for the full Traxxion upgrade last June. There's no need to miss the bumps in the road and the "twisties" can be taken faster with increased control. I don't need to go buy the FJR now. I'd be curious to hear your thoughts when you're ready.

Savage aka Mark Luketic

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm just about ready to do the same thing. Let us know how long it took to get them back. I have to make sure the snow has set in for the winter before I take mine off.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Hey Fred, That looks awfully familiar. We could start the Goldwing unicycle group. Here's mine sitting in the back room at the dealer,
waiting for the Traxxion stuff to come back.
After living with the 2002 and progressive suspension, and finding it insufficient, I decided not to wait on the new 07. Zero miles and putting on the Traxxion.
I rode it for 100 miles Saturday, in Charlotte, North Carolina, before trailering it home to COLD/WET Ohio. I'm very glad I made the change. It will be fun to hear if your reactions are similar to my own.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Crab Killer said:
I'm just about ready to do the same thing. Let us know how long it took to get them back. I have to make sure the snow has set in for the winter before I take mine off.
We are in Ohio. I removed mine on a Sunday - UPS'd them on Monday - the following Monday the brown tuck arrived with a present. How is that for service? We originally were going to ride down to Max and had an appointment to have the forks done on Thurs but our plans changed and had to ship them. That may explain the fast turn around but I am not complaining.

·
Vendor
22,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea, I thought about riding over and getting it done, but I just got too many other irons in the fire right now. I will write a complete evaluation of the forks when I am done testing them. I already have a Traxxion rear shock and put an evaluation of it on my web site. It is here if you want to read it:

http://www.angelridevideos.com/reviews

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Arn Butt Bill said:
Why didn't you ride over for the work?
Dang, Fred; you got peeps over here to stay with. They we could've buzzed the twisities after.
Now is not the season to be a peep!

·
Vendor
22,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sunkist said:
So, does this mean an '07 Dark Orange is no longer a possibility? :wink:
Good question. I actually thought about holding off till I decide if I am getting a new bike or not. I am hoping maybe I can put my old bike back to stock and have Max transfer the Traxxion cartridges to the new bike if I get one. Well see...

What will be interesting to see is how the wear on my forks at 100K compare to what other forks look like. I have changed fork oil 5 times in 100K miles (last change was at about 85K) and replaced all four bushings around 50K.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Fred H. said:
I am hoping maybe I can put my old bike back to stock and have Max transfer the Traxxion cartridges to the new bike if I get one. Well see...
Think the tubes changed any over the years? I would think a simple swap of tubes would take care of that.

·
Vendor
22,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jim n Judy said:
Think the tubes changed any over the years? I would think a simple swap of tubes would take care of that.
Yea, except that the tubes wear and I wouldn't want to put the old tubes on a new bike.

I would probably just have to buy one new left fork tube for the old bike to put it back to stock.

I'm outta here. 70 degrees and I have the day off. Gonna have to go ride that junky Blue bike since the Wing is in pieces.

I feel the need for BBQ!

·
Registered
230 Posts
prep for shipping?

Hi,Fred.
What prep is needed for shipping? Estimated turnaround? Thanks Jim

·
Registered
994 Posts
Re: prep for shipping?

Jim Ciampi said:
Hi,Fred.
What prep is needed for shipping? Estimated turnaround? Thanks Jim
Only prep was to wrap both tubes with bubble wrap and pack them. Max has excellent packing instructions on his site. UPS w/1000 insurance from Ohio was $27.00.

Fred H. said:
Yea, except that the tubes wear and I wouldn't want to put the old tubes on a new bike.
Fred. From what I gathered watching Max's video he replaces everything. Don't know how much the inside of the tubes wear from spring rub but Max surely would be able to give some insight.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Fred, are you putting in the all balls bearings and or a fork brace? Inquiring minds want to know! 8)

Didn't know that Jim knits? Looking for a good riding scarf if he has time.... :lol:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Fred,

I had Traxxion installed my wing front and rear last January. Also had the Allballs and fork brace installed. All I can say is you are going to MORE than love the setup.

They will have to pry this wing out of my hands to get me to ever replace it. Yes I am in denial that someday it will have to be replaced...lol

Until then, I'm loving the ride.

Chuck
MBD

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
Arn Butt Bill said:
Dang, Fred; you got peeps over here to stay with. Then we could've buzzed the twisities after.
I thought the shop was in Maryland??? DO they have a shop in the peach state????

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
KYBLUE said:
Arn Butt Bill said:
Dang, Fred; you got peeps over here to stay with. Then we could've buzzed the twisities after.
I thought the shop was in Maryland??? DO they have a shop in the peach state????
Max is 5 minutes from here. God help me, I just let him thrash my Mini Cooper...

1 - 20 of 69 Posts