GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This picture taken recently on the Trans Labrador Highway in Newfoundland, Canada!!!
Definitely makes me want to head back to Arizona!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Bulldog,

I thought it looked more like Slide Mountain "pass".

·
Registered
990 Posts
Are you sure that this is a recent photo?I saw the exact photo last year. Does that car stand there year round so people can take photos of it and the snow banks are about the same height as I recall. Just my obsevation of past photos of this kind. It still doesn't deminish the extent of the amount of snow fall they get in that neck of the woods.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I live in Newburgh and have a summer residence in Averill Park. We do the peekamoose/Frost Valley thing once or twice a year. Have eaten my share (and a few other shares) of burgers at the bus station in Margaretville. My favorite photo spot is the waterfalls on the south side of Slide mountain, by the sharp curve. Sat there one day and watched an eagle swoop down and take a trout out of the stream that was too big for him to fly off with. He stood on a rock in the middle and ate it while we watched.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dawg.

Very pretty place for a wedding! Just watch out for low flying eagles and GL 1800s...

·
Registered
846 Posts
Bob C said:
I live in Newburgh and have a summer residence in Averill Park. We do the peekamoose/Frost Valley thing once or twice a year. Have eaten my share (and a few other shares) of burgers at the bus station in Margaretville. My favorite photo spot is the waterfalls on the south side of Slide mountain, by the sharp curve. Sat there one day and watched an eagle swoop down and take a trout out of the stream that was too big for him to fly off with. He stood on a rock in the middle and ate it while we watched.
Boy, I thought we were the only ones who found the Peekamoose Road in them parts? Well, I figured bulldog knew about it. Frost Valley/Oliveria Slide Mountain Road is ok but more beat up. Or so my friend who was on a Harley said.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts