GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Florida Moderator
4,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother and I like to take off on the spur of the moment at least once a week and frequently on weekdays. Anyone like me, an old retired grunt, or just someone with some free time is welcome to join us, either team up and ride together or meet at a destination. I'll try to give a few days notice if possible. Anyway, we are going to the Old Sugar Mill Restaurant (pancake house) at DeLeon Springs tomorrow morning. My brother lives near the Palatka Super Walmart on SR19. Anyone wishing to ride with us give me a call, 904-521-9925. We'll be leaving around 10 a.m. If you live closer to DeLeon Springs feel free to join us for breakfast around 11a.m.

Tom

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
We might just be passing one another. I might be on 19 heading North out of Eustis to Palatka around that time frame...

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
My brother and I like to take off on the spur of the moment at least once a week and frequently on weekdays.
Keep us posted..., and anyone else who has a "last minute" thought for a little lunch ride...., why not add to this thread.

·
Florida Moderator
4,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dan (Wassup) called me this morning just as I was heading out the door, stating that he wanted to join us. It was a gorgeous ride down to DeLeon Springs from Palatka and we got there at 11:45. Dan met us in the parking lot, said he'd been there just a few minutes before us. We had a little wait as there was a tour bus of old foggies filling the place up. We got to know a little bit about each other. Found out we had both been interested in flying and both had our pilot's license, also had been to many of the same places over the years. My brother and I really enjoyed meeting him, what a decent, friendly guy. We look forward to meeting more of the gang.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
"Old foggies"? :shock: In Florida?? Looks like a good time there Tom. I unfortunately......well fortunately depending on how one views is, had a date with my cardio group today. But, man, what an awesome afternoon for a ride though, huh?:lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts