GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an annoying beep from my radio every 5 minutes & beeps 5 times.Someone told me it is abs checking it's self, is this correct & can it be bypassed as it is driving me mad.This is my 3rd 1800 & only this one does it.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
No beeps on my 06. has CB, CD, ABS.

Trev.

PS has beep turned off.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Have you checked the rear mirror for the roadrunner trying to pass you? :lol:

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
is the audio on for the gps , the gps is always on even if not up on display, hold navi button till it goes off. check if the card in the navi unit is not in all the way!!let Me know :wink:

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
I used to have the same problem with my 03 abs. The noises went away when I changeed jobs and turned in my Nextel phone.
I believe this is why Kenedy dosn't suppout Nextel with their cell phone interfaces.

My wifes Motorola cell creates similar noise through the intercom.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
05 - a single beep when I roll off and the abs light goes off - then every 3 minutes after that.

If I have my hand on the front brake lever and/or foot on the rear brake peddle I can feel a mechanical click at the same time as the beep.

Got where I didn't even notice it anymoe.

·
Registered
222 Posts
JokerGuy said:
05 - a single beep when I roll off and the abs light goes off - then every 3 minutes after that.

If I have my hand on the front brake lever and/or foot on the rear brake peddle I can feel a mechanical click at the same time as the beep.

Got where I didn't even notice it anymoe.
+1 on my 05 ABS. Does the same thing.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
The mechanical click in the brake handle is from the ABS system doing a self-check. All ABS bikes do it to the best of my knowledge.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
bnordt said:
The mechanical click in the brake handle is from the ABS system doing a self-check. All ABS bikes do it to the best of my knowledge.
That is how I figured the beep was coming from the abs system

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
05 ABS no beep, where can I get a beep, I want a beep. No beep no beep. I wanna beep. :lol:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
White Gold said:
05 ABS no beep, where can I get a beep, I want a beep. No beep no beep. I wanna beep. :lol:
Buy a road runner ........ beep beep

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
White Gold said:
:)
MAYBE ... you should instead be wishing your ABS was working
:roll:

Dennis

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
My 05 ABS doesnt "beep" it "clicks" Thats probably why you dont have a beep. :shock:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts