GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a ride last night with our Goldwing Chapter and the bike rolled over 10,000 miles.
Can't say enough how much I love this bike.
It has been warm here in So. Calif. and at 8pm when I pulled over to take this picture it was still 79 degrees.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,749 Posts
Took a ride last night with our Goldwing Chapter and the bike rolled over 10,000 miles.
It has been warm here in So. Calif. and at 8pm when I pulled over to take this picture it was still 79 degrees.

:congrats:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Still 3K here, you Southerners get all the fun

·
Registered
181 Posts
Bought bike first of March, now have 18,500 miles on it! Tires still look real good, lookin for close to 25,000.. Only problem I have is how to take off places on GPS that I don't need anymore!! Follow the book but mine wont do what they say!! Oh well....
Ride Safe!!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
racking them up quickly, very nice!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Bought bike first of March, now have 18,500 miles on it! Tires still look real good, lookin for close to 25,000.. Only problem I have is how to take off places on GPS that I don't need anymore!! Follow the book but mine wont do what they say!! Oh well....
Ride Safe!!
routes youve traveled to in the past or way points as you travel?

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
Ride Safe!!
Nave manual pg 28
Maximum of 15 routes can be saved.

To delete a saved route, 'select' it fro the list and then select 'delete' from the options presented.

nav manual pg45
To remove a 'previous destination' from the list, go to Previous Destinations from main mav menu.
• If you want to remove a location from the list, press and hold (Enter) on the center panel or switch on the left handlebar while the place is selected, and then select Delete.

·
Registered
181 Posts
That’s what I like about the Honda system. It’s sooo intuitive.

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
That’s what I like about the Honda system. It’s sooo intuitive.
I'm confused by the response.
Sarcasm?
What am i missing?
Did my grey hair kick in again?

What's not intuitive about looking at a list of items and the selecting and deleting the ones you don't want?

If you want to delete a 'previous destination', wouldn't you first have to look at the 'previous destination list' to see which ones were there?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Nave manual pg 28
Maximum of 15 routes can be saved.

To delete a saved route, 'select' it fro the list and then select 'delete' from the options presented.

nav manual pg45
To remove a 'previous destination' from the list, go to Previous Destinations from main mav menu.
• If you want to remove a location from the list, press and hold (Enter) on the center panel or switch on the left handlebar while the place is selected, and then select Delete.
I was referring to the ‘previous destination’ procedure in your post. (I find other things counterintuitive too, but let’s not get hung up on that).

I expect if you select a previous destination from the list, you would get another submenu with add’l options, one of which would be ‘delete destination’. You don’t get that. It just starts calcing the route. To me it is not intuitive to ‘press and hold’ for some length of time in order to get another menu to delete something. Honda sometimes uses submenus, and sometimes separate menus to get to where you want to go, without any real consistency, in my opinion.

Some things you press and hold to get something and other times you just select and follow the menu. How do you determine when to press and hold, other than reading instructions in a manual? (Of course you should read the manual, but we don’t always remember all the nuances). Intuitive logic would allow a user to follow a visual cue through a menu tree on a consistent basis, without using a manual. Another example is the joystick for the nav. To zoom in, you press up. To zoom out, you press down. To me, up would equate to a higher up view. Intuitive it seems. But not so Honda.

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
I was referring to the ‘previous destination’ procedure in your post. (I find other things counterintuitive too, but let’s not get hung up on that).

I expect if you select a previous destination from the list, you would get another submenu with add’l options, one of which would be ‘delete destination’. You don’t get that. It just starts calcing the route. To me it is not intuitive to ‘press and hold’ for some length of time in order to get another menu to delete something. Honda sometimes uses submenus, and sometimes separate menus to get to where you want to go, without any real consistency, in my opinion.

Some things you press and hold to get something and other times you just select and follow the menu. How do you determine when to press and hold, other than reading instructions in a manual? (Of course you should read the manual, but we don’t always remember all the nuances). Intuitive logic would allow a user to follow a visual cue through a menu tree on a consistent basis, without using a manual. Another example is the joystick for the nav. To zoom in, you press up. To zoom out, you press down. To me, up would equate to a higher up view. Intuitive it seems. But not so Honda.
I guess if press and release doesn't work then try press and hold?

Several buttons on the bike do one thing using 'press and release', and a 2nd function using 'press AND hold'.

Mute/source button for example.
Side arrow t advance one song, versus advance to next folder is another.

I found that going back to manual after having run the bike for awhile gave opportunity to pick up how to do more features. And I know I still don't have them all.
Sometimes just knowing it must be possible and I can then get it by trial and error. Sometimes that doesn't work, I go back to manual -- and then wonder why I forgot that item.

I always learn better by doing -- and by repetition. Do it a few times and I'm no longer trial and error and not using the manual.

I didn't/don't like the way zoom works either.

I trained myself to think if it as UP for More detail and DOWN for Less detail. For me made it is easier to keep straight YMMV.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts