GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a I am cool moment a couple of days ago. I wheeled into the parking lot at work and a few co workers were watching me park the wing ,now I do not need to use reverse to get the bike into the parking space but I figure since I have an audience I will show them how cool this bike is.....I back into the space ,side stand down hop off bike everything is ok. I take my jacket off throw it on the seat and then decide to be really cool and show them how easy it is to get this big bike on its center stand.I put the center stand down give the normal push pull action bike won't go so I try to muscle it up still won't go. I figure there must be something on the stand or a crack in the concrete or whatever . I look under the bike nothing there but a small pebble push it out of the way then attempt to put bike on stand again .This time I am determined that this bike is going on the stand ,well I think I left my boys laying on the concrete with the effort I gave........my audience gave up on me..... Please remember this the bike will not go onto center stand if it is still in reverse.

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Please remember this the bike will not go onto center stand if it is still in reverse.
Sure it will!

Just install a "Ride off" center stand and you can put your bike on the center stand while still sitting on the bike!

Way Cool Factor..... :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Or in gear unless you pull in the clutch. :eek:

·
Banned
1,247 Posts
Everyday is a school day no matter who you think you are!

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
thats good to know. it is probally a safety feature to prevent you taking off or spinning the wheels in gear

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Don't feel bad. After 30 years of riding Goldwings I decided to buy a new Harley Ultra Classic to see what I was missing. Parked it on my sidewalk just outside of my enclosed porch, facing a storm door. When I came out, climbed on and started it, I forgot that a Harley Ultra Classic will start in gear. Needless to say, I had to replace the storm door.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts