GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Chard Member
12,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
357 (s)miles for lunch today with my Valkyrie & Wing Brothers and Sisters of Florida. What a great group of folks! Someone said 34 showed up today!

Sure wish some of this group would get together like that. Been doing it with the Valk group for 3 or 4 years (CRAFT DISEASE!) and the friendships have really developed over that time!

Someone in the group just picks a spot to eat somewhere around the state and we all converge to that area! The north part of the state and the south end of the state does it!

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Ride......

Red,
Sure sounds like you had a great ride. 64 degrees here in southern indiana today and rain, so my wing is parked. Monday night we head into the deeeeeeeep freeeeeeeeze.
Low of 19 degrees and a high of 29 on Tuesday, out comes my tobaggan and my down jacket. brrrrrrrrr!
JD 8)

G

·
0 Posts
Red,

Come on over to Texas, we do things like that all the time. Jimmy Polley (aka "Geester") and I rode 400+ miles today.

·
Registered
71 Posts

I got a ride in Friday as the Temp. hit 50. I think maybe I will pass on today. Me thinks the cover will stay on for awhile.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Glad you are able to ride, Red. Not here though, yesterday afternoon, we finished digging out from a 22"+ snowfall in 36 hours. Not exactly prime riding weather. With each winter storm we see, the warmth of the southern states looks better and better. Our youngest son graduates from high school this year and my wife and I are seriously considering moving to a "warm" state.

I won't post any pictures of the storm, it's too depressing, especially when I see the wing just sitting in the garage with the cover on. I used to enjoy this kind of weather, but we don't ski anymore and my wife is not overly fond of other outdoor activities in the cold.

Oh well, spring will come around again and all this white stuff will go away.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Hey Red,
Some of us up here in the NW have gotten together a few times.Cmon up next time!
Better wait until spring though!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts