GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reposting from a friend of mine...

Today I was riding the Fat Girl to Roe City Riders clubhouse to see some Custom Bikes and at a speed of 70 on the interstate right before my exit I felt the back of the bike kinda shutter a little, nothing bad just NOT normal! When I parked I happened to look at the back tire and noticed it was looking low as I had just checked both tire pressures and both were good! I looked at my Tire monitor and was getting a warning of losing air! I found this nail completely through the sidewall! SO, got back on the bike and ride home 15 miles at speed! (This is the very reason I choose to ride on RUN FLAT tires!) if it had been a regular tire I would be dead in the water waiting on a trailer to pick it up!
Land vehicle Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire

Registered
Doncha just HATE IT when that happens? 馃槤
Looks like it had quite a few miles to go on it too!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doncha just HATE IT when that happens? 馃槤
Looks like it had quite a few miles to go on it too!
He only had about 200 miles on it... 馃槳

Registered
I had a nail like that 3" nail through my trailer's tire 500+ miles from home.... (Glad I had a spare tire w/me to replace it) kind'a scary isn't it??

Ronnie

IronMan
FIX A FLAT ! :)

Registered
Smart move to go RF, could not agree more, been there done that, so done with OEM , cannot believe the whole industry is not mandated to go to RF, heck we have mandated everything else, oh wait, never mind, glad you made it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts