GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reposting from a friend of mine...

Today I was riding the Fat Girl to Roe City Riders clubhouse to see some Custom Bikes and at a speed of 70 on the interstate right before my exit I felt the back of the bike kinda shutter a little, nothing bad just NOT normal! When I parked I happened to look at the back tire and noticed it was looking low as I had just checked both tire pressures and both were good! I looked at my Tire monitor and was getting a warning of losing air! I found this nail completely through the sidewall! SO, got back on the bike and ride home 15 miles at speed! (This is the very reason I choose to ride on RUN FLAT tires!) if it had been a regular tire I would be dead in the water waiting on a trailer to pick it up!
Land vehicle Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire

Registered
Doncha just HATE IT when that happens? 馃槤
Looks like it had quite a few miles to go on it too!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doncha just HATE IT when that happens? 馃槤
Looks like it had quite a few miles to go on it too!
He only had about 200 miles on it... 馃槳

Registered
I had a nail like that 3" nail through my trailer's tire 500+ miles from home.... (Glad I had a spare tire w/me to replace it) kind'a scary isn't it??

Ronnie

IronMan
FIX A FLAT ! :)

Registered
Smart move to go RF, could not agree more, been there done that, so done with OEM , cannot believe the whole industry is not mandated to go to RF, heck we have mandated everything else, oh wait, never mind, glad you made it.

Registered
I always shake my head at the Naysayers when they talk out of their backsides.

By saying. I run a car tire because it is cheaper.

Cost is the furthest thing from the truth.

As this story states. It's about the ability to get (Safely) off the roadway. to get the tire repaired or replaced.. (Especially if my wife is traveling with me)

I as many do, Wish the Tire industry would listen to why we feel the need to use a Run Flat, and manufacture them for all roadworthy motorcycles.

They are losing money on a market that is shown to be there!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts