GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I've got a Dunlop E3 on the front of my 2003 GL1800. At really low speeds, less than 10 MPH, the frontend feel loose and the handlebars will shake enough to make my mirrors vibrate. It's worse two up as it lightens the frontend. Goes away above 10 MPH. Had my steering head bearing torque checked. It's fine. Got to looking at the tire and I can see "ridges" just left of the center of the tire at certain locations. Could I have a belt that's failing in the tire carcass?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Belt failing

Your E-3s have two different rubber compounds. The difference is visible when the tire gets a little wear. The center of the tire (so I'm told) has a harder compound, to increase mileage. Mine looked the same way, and I had no trouble. I've put @ 25K on three sets of tires in the last t wo years. E3s are OK but not my favorites. Give me those good old LOUD Metzelers.
Shiv
:)

·
Registered
370 Posts
I have 16,000 on my front and more on the back.I will buy them again,had a belt break on a bridgestone with only 4000 miles on it.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
All Balls steering stem bearings will eliminate all those problems. My stock D250's didn't wobble at all until they hit 16k miles. The E3's wobbled from day one. Put in All Balls bearings and those same E3's are now "no hands" at any speed and they have over 20k miles on them right now.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
e3

I have had E'3 on for 12,000 miles so far and expect 4000 miles more and have not had problem one with them...........NO wobbles. Have another set from Hal that will go on later this summer..........70 series..too

1 - 5 of 5 Posts