GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Sure enough... on the blue one, all the sellers other auctions say he is from UK, the bike is in the states.

The free shipping on the orange and the price pretty much give it away.

SOBs!

I've got nothing better to do... reporting to ebay now :D

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Both bikes are being sold "from the US" on UK ebay accounts...

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Both bikes reported to ebay... we'll see what they say about it.

First time I've reported scams... interested to see how long it takes to pull them!

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Both auctions are still up.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I attempted to report these and found that Ebay has changed their scam reporting system to make it more difficult (of course).

Formerly it was a simple system wherein you made some choices from pull down lists and then listed the item number and finally what you thought was wrong. Pretty simple and straight forward.

Now after three pull down lists it suggests you review "Paying for an item" and offers you an opportunity to email them IF you set your browser to accept their 'cookies' only. I've tried to be a good member there and report things in the past but with this I'll no longer take the time as it's now a requirement that I set my browser to accept something from them in order to be able to help them do their job.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
It was the first time I had done it. Couldn't find anything simple, so I just submitted a "report another users account stolen" report, listing the item numbers and the reasons I suspected it.

Guess we'll see what they say when/if they respond or pull the auctions.

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
loren said:
it seems that someone must fall for this crap--or no one would keep trying

loren
Since people are dumb enough to give up their ebay user name and password when responding to the spoof emails that they get... so yes, it will continue...

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
There are a lot of stupid people on ebay!

Was looking at Superbowl tickets, just to see how much they were going for. There was a listing which said WILL BUY SUPERBOWL TICKETS in the title. Then, in the body it said 3 times DO NOT BID ON THIS AUCTION. Was just an ad for a company who was buying tickets and had NONE TO SELL.

The listing had started at .01¢ and it had 28 bids on it, up to $71!!! *&^&^$$#&% idiots!!! :shock:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts