GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Ya, chopping off a piece of my bike's seat pan is not what I'm going to do. I've never had a problem removing or installing my GW's seat.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I have had good results of bending that tab forward. It took a while of bending with a huge crescent wrench for leverage, but I finally got it to drop in place with the bolt holes lining up every time. I also only have to slightly bend the nose of the seat only to see the slot and get it to drop instead of needing to be a recent winner of the "Arnold Classic".. Tho only other item I must be sure about is making sure there is room for that big block of plastic the seat has that sits in front and on the left end of the frame cross bar.

·
Registered
357 Posts
he usually has some good tips, but my big complaint about his videos is the quality they're done in - being a former commercial producer it drives me insane when the audio is so lousy (he's wearing a lav mic why isn't it setup properly?) and the auto focus doesn't compensate when you zoom in....:serious:

·
Registered
466 Posts
Max tips ...
Always worth what you’ve paid for them? Maybe this time the answer is yes.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I find most of Max's videos very informative and I'm glad he takes the time to make them. Also the products he makes for the GW are very well made and I've bought a couple of them, no complaints. Personally I think chopping off a piece of the seat pan is a bit much and an answer to a question no one was asking. But it's your bike so do what you think best.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
he usually has some good tips, but my big complaint about his videos is the quality they're done in - being a former commercial producer it drives me insane when the audio is so lousy (he's wearing a lav mic why isn't it setup properly?) and the auto focus doesn't compensate when you zoom in....:serious:
Petty. If you were a producer your standards will be high for a free uploaded video. Remember, he is doing this for free.

·
Registered
712 Posts
IMO Max has been doing what he does on GWs for a very long time, I would not doubt for a moment his tips. Some people get very picky about everything even if it's free. So what's gonna happen by removing the tab, the seat's gonna fall off? Geez, four bolts holding it on.

·
Registered
466 Posts
IMO Max has been doing what he does on GWs for a very long time, I would not doubt for a moment his tips. Some people get very picky about everything even if it's free. So what's gonna happen by removing the tab, the seat's gonna fall off? Geez, four bolts holding it on.
Yeah. Honda are a bunch of effin’ idiots. What do they know?

Honda should hire him to lead R&D for Gen 7. There’s all kinds of redundant and superfluous stuff on the bike. :banghead:

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
as a former english teacher, your grammar drives me insane.:wink2::grin2:

·
Registered
712 Posts
as a former english teacher, your grammar drives me insane.:wink2::grin2:

A really good comment. Ever notice how some folks bitch about every little thing. The freaking sky could be falling and "now hear this, Max's free You Tube doesn't work well enough". Sorry, I could not resist, but if it doesn't sit well, I can delete it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Rodney King, May 1st, 1992

1 - 19 of 19 Posts