GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I asked for pictures of the way you mounted your controllers.I noticed some of you had the plugs for the clothing mounted flush with the tupperware.I like that setup better than 2 loose wires hanging.My question is what do I need to convert my loose wires to a fixed mount.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
Go here to get some parts - if you are a dual controller, get two each, if two dual controllers, get four each. Gerbing may have the same stuff, I did not check. The sockets are also available from Radio Shack as panel jacks at about two bucks each. Plugs I did not see there.

http://www.warmnsafe.com/motorcycle_accessories.php?PHPSESSID=b6525c4b972fa10c61afc69e47255998

Item Number: CoaxCablePlug Price: $4.95

Item Number: COAXSocket Price: $4.95

And this is what you will wind up with. Before putting on some shrink tubing and soldering.

Then drill a couple of holes in your bike, stuff the wires thru the holes from the inside out remembering where to put the washers, nuts, solder it together, and set it in the hole. Then you can plug those dangly ends into the cable plugs, hide them under the shelter, hide the main controller under the seat, and drill a couple more holes in the bike for the controller knobs.

I liked the one that painted the socket (panel jack) black and put them in the left side by the headlight adjuster, with the controller knobs in a like spot on the right by the grip heater switch.

Hope this helps you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts