GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently ordered a set of Metzeler tires from my dealer. I could get them from the internet, but he matches the internet price, so I prefer to give him the business. Anyway, I picked up the bike and noticed that it felt "funny." Then I noticed that it had developed a handlebar shake that wasn't there before. I rode it that way for about 1500 miles and it still had the shake, especially so at 35--45 mph, and worse at deceleration. At cruising speed, it felt like there was a constant, low-level pulsation from the front end. WTF?!

So the other day I took it in to my dealer, Carl's Cycle Sales in Boise, and asked about it. In fact, I brought the front tire in for them to look at. It was pronounced to be properly balance, but would I please bring the bike in for a test ride. Brought it in this morning and the service manager, Curtis, took it out for a ride after a thorough tire inspection and brought it back declaring that one of the tires is bad, but they couldn't tell which one until they started changing out tires. Unfortunately, they had to order tires in, so it will be there until tomorrow.

I was pleased that they took the initiative to ask me to bring it in, then test ride it and even find that there is an issue. I asked about paperwork to take care of, and he said, "No problem, nothing for you to do, we've got it. I'll let you know when it's ready." Now I think that's pretty darned good service, if you ask me. I love it when the dealer takes care of his customers. And I'm looking forward to a smooth ride after tomorrow.

·
Registered
19,309 Posts
:yes1:there are some good dealers out there

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update

Got the bike back today. I happened to be around the corner from the dealer and decided to see what was going on. My Wing was parked outside the service section, so I went in to ask about it. Curtis was there and advised me that the problem was the front tire was bad, so they replaced it. Still have the "old" rear, but it's only got about 1500 miles on it. I thanked them for their service, collected my Wing and rode home. New tire, well-balanced and no wobbling or pulsing vibrations. Bike feels good, and the service I got was great. Back on the road.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts