GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SherrelD, Assistant District Director for the GWRRA in GA, has informed me that Chapter GA-D's Stewpot will be held at the Rock Creek Sport Complex (on GA-9, just north of the Forysyth Co. line) on October 21st. They ask that everyone bring a can of veggies to put in the stew at 10:00 a.m.
Everyone in the GWRRA eats free but they are asking for a $2 donation; all proceeds going to, get this, DDKing!!!
There will be Visa gift card prizes, a DJ with karaoke, and a silent auction (guests, please bring items to auction off). There will also be door prizes furnished by the chapter.

Mirtes and I will be out of town all next week and off the board but we'll be at this event and will help on that day in any way we can.
Members who care about Dan, please keep this thread "bumped" for a while. Let's have a good turn-out.
This is about 5 minutes from Toyo's house, by the way... ...Hotel Toyo...?

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
You say it's Oct. 21? Sounds interesting. And possible.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Not the place..

Steve S that is not the place of the event. If you look at the same map and follow Highway 9 into (or out of) Dawsonville, it is located between Dawson Forrest Road and Dawsonville on the west side of Highway 9.
This is going to be fun and for an excellent cause.
Come on out!

Get a flyer here. Just click on Stewpot flyer.

http://homepage.mac.com/sherreld/Chapter_D/Menu30.html

Kay and I are going to be chasing Arn But and Mirtes around VA next week.

Sherrel D

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Sounds like fun....Lori and I had a great trip around the
Smokies this week. What a great week for it too......awesome roads, and great weather. Hope you guys have the same.

I took out my link above as to avoid confusion!

See you guys on the 21st.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Not the place..

Sherrel D said:

Sherrel D
Pisgah Inn Saturday & Sunday; Colonial Williamsburg Tues/Wed/Thurs.

Lori's husband said:
Bill, see my response to your upcoming trip in this thread
Up 5 to 68 and onto the Cherahala; 129 to 28 and over to Cherokee for lunch. BRP from there to Mt. Pisgah by late afternoon.
A very nice first day of vacation...

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
If I can make it, would they mind a old ratty Harley? :lol:

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Thank You Bill 8)

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
BRP from there to Mt. Pisgah by late afternoon.
Yep, we drove ride by it yesterday. Looks like a GREAT plcae to stay. Wish I'd known about it sooner. Maybe next year!

Enjoy your trip and be safe.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dang.
You guys couldn't keep this thread alive for a week?

I know that the event is competing with Biketoberfest but who the heck wants to ride to flat old Florida when you can rip around in the twisties during the peak fall foliage weekend in North Georgia?!?

The colors were peaking on the 7th & 8th in the high spots of NC; they were really good yesterday on most of the rest of the BRP. Should be at peak this weekend in north Georgia and the lower areas of VA, etc.

Come out and see us!

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Bill, As much as I am gonna miss it, I cant make it Saturday. Work is starting to get in the way. Or should I say my play time is starting to catch up to me. If there is anyway I can move it to Sunday I will. Call me today. We gotta chat.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Toyo said:
Bill, As much as I am gonna miss it, I cant make it Saturday. Work is starting to get in the way. Or should I say my play time is starting to catch up to me. If there is anyway I can move it to Sunday I will. Call me today. We gotta chat.
C'mon. It's almost next to your house! At least send Krista and Cole over to count tickets or something...

Our closing on the townhouse is today at noon; I'll try to call you on the way back from that.

·
Registered
92 Posts
DDKing Day

Just wanted to let all of you know that in addition to all the fun you can have at the event, you might even get lucky and win some money. The Chapter is going to have 3 Grand Prizes consisting of Visa gift cards. One for $150.00, second place is $75.00 and third place is $25.00. Plus silent auction, door prizes and lots of hot stew. Just bring a can or bag of vegetables to go into the stew and your GWRRA card. If you don't have a card, come anyway and make a $2.00 contribution. All proceeds go to Dan.
Hope to see everyone Saturday.

Sherrel D

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Arn Butt Bill said:
Dang.
You guys couldn't keep this thread alive for a week?

I know that the event is competing with Biketoberfest but who the heck wants to ride to flat old Florida when you can rip around in the twisties during the peak fall foliage weekend in North Georgia?!?

The colors were peaking on the 7th & 8th in the high spots of NC; they were really good yesterday on most of the rest of the BRP. Should be at peak this weekend in north Georgia and the lower areas of VA, etc.

Come out and see us!
OK, OK.....I said I'm coming! :shock:

Just bring a can or bag of vegetables to go into the stew
Will this be strictly VEGGIE stew or can we bring meat....sausage, stew beef chunks?? Or do you have that covered.....so to speak?

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
steve s said:
OK, OK.....I said I'm coming! :shock:
Will this be strictly VEGGIE stew or can we bring meat....sausage, stew beef chunks?? Or do you have that covered.....so to speak?
I'm pretty sure that the Chapter will be providing the meat (roadkill perhaps?) for the stew.

Glad you're coming, Steve. Don't forget Lori; she makes you look good. :wink:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts