GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to introduce myself...

I moved on from my ST1300 with ABS and purchased a new '05 Wing a couple of weeks ago, also with ABS. I got a good deal on the '05, and I could get the ABS without having to pay for a lot of other stuff that I either don't need, or could add cheaper on my own.

The Wing purchase came about because I found myself trying to make the ST into a Wing: more comfortable seat, more lights front and rear, cruise control, etc. I finally realized that I should just get a Wing and be done with the "improvements".

But... I did add heated grips, driving lights, rear spoiler/brake light, and a couple of Powerlets (for the air compressor, Battery Tender, Cell phone charger, and possibly future heated clothing).

But I'm not adding anything else. No way. Oh, I did just order saddlebag liners - had those on the ST and loved them.

But that's all - no more stuff. I can't do it. It's already perfect. I don't need anything else on the Wing. Or do I??? (No! No! I must be strong!) :roll:

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
What do they say... buying a Wing is making a down payment on accessories? Something like that. :lol:

Congratulations! Enjoy the ride. 8)

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Welcome! You're not the first to graduate from an ST1300 to an 1800. And if you wish to indulge for a while your delusion that you're done purchasing accessories, I certainly won't be the one to spoil it for you.

Can't blame you for going with the '05 for ABS. I'd probably have done the same, except that I have an '03 that I'm perfectly happy with!

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Congratulations and welcome.

Not to disagree with you, but you do need some more stuff. You'll always need some more stuff. Get used to it.

You've got miles of smiles in front of you.

Ride safe and enjoy.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Congratulations, & welcome aboard Jeff. You may not want to add too many more items, but there is a lot of accessories to choose from. One item I would recommend is, the Tulsa Belly Pan. It'll help protect the bottom of your new engine. Good luck with your new Wing, & ride it like you stole it. :wink:

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Welcome aboard.

Hmmmmmmm. are we each gonna tell him some thing to buy. Like a Utopia back rest

·
Registered
499 Posts
Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride for the Wing is an awsome bike!!!

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Welcome aboard. I am extremely pleased with my '05 ABS. :)

In order to help you spend your money, may I suggest Mick-O-Pegs. :wink:

Enjoy, Rock On.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Congrats! On your new wing. You did buy the fastest color too!

White RULES!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the warm welcome, guys!

I have read about the Utopia backrest. It is making it's way to the top of my "to-do" list. I want to get in at least one long distance ride before I decide, though. Right now I haven't really gotten a decent ride in yet. Commuting to work, and a fairly short 300 mile day in the country a short time ago.

It's really an awesome machine, that's for sure!

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. You're gonna love it. I made the same switch, myself, last year. While I miss the ST, I also love the Wing. Many of us declare that we're not adding anything to the bike, but, like New Year's resolutions, the good intentions go by the wayside, and we begin adding stuff. Some become chrome junkies and others add a lot of useful and functional stuff, while still others go beserk and add everything possible. It's all great fun. BTW, if you find that the stock seat just doesn't make it for you, consider a Russell. I just did. Great seat.

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new wing....not going to buy anymore stuff??? Yeah, right, whatever :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just funning, it's your ride, do as you wish. I've always heard that the rarest bike is a bone stock one.....no one leaves one alone....too many "goodies" out there.......

Me, I'm a chrome junkie, and proud of it :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
19,065 Posts
do a search LIMNCS
Honda added the right amount of chrome
add too much and join the chrome toaster society

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
What Rickster said!

I added MOP's to my GL in 05 on my first ride TO the Honda HOOT. While "short" rides are ok on the pegs - once you get on the highways and byways nothing beats a set of MOP's for stretching out comfort.

Welcome to the Board and Congrats on your new ride. I have all the bikes listed in my sig and ride them just to have other toys to enjoy.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Jeff,

The ST is a wonderfull bike. For my purposes, the Wing is even better.

Hard to compare the two, as they have different purposes.

Welcom HOME!

Bulldog

·
Registered
931 Posts
Welcome aboard

Pred8tor said:
But that's all - no more stuff. I can't do it. It's already perfect. I don't need anything else on the Wing. Or do I??? (No! No! I must be strong!) :roll:

After finishing my 400 watts subwoofer, I am now adding a coffee mug heater.

You always can add more stuff.

X

·
0 Posts
Congratulations Jeff,

I'm a newbie here also. Hopefully soon I to will have my first wing. I was looking for a green emoticon for envy but couldn't find it. :)

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
You mean like this? :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts