GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jerry and Marge Hempe's home in Mount Calvary burned down last night in a total loss. They are ok as their dogs alerted them.

Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Wow that's terrible news to hear they lost their house, but more importantly it's great to know that they are unharmed. Jerry, please don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything that we can do to help.

·
Crazy Northerner
8,631 Posts
I just talked to Jerry. They are all doing okay, but not so good for the house. Jerry said it took 4 hours for the fire department to put it out.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Thanks Curtis for the text as well as posting this!!

Jerry you and Marge and family are in our prayers and thoughts!!!!!! Please don't hesitate to ask your extended family if needed!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
very sorry to hear !!! hopefully personal property was recovered !!! what a way to start the day :eek:4: Jerry don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything we could do to help

·
Premium Member
31,967 Posts
Pet them dogs for me !! Dang glad to hear everybody is ok !! I really cannot imagine what it is like to find everything you own gone . After talking With Stuna a few weeks ago , it really lays heavy on my heart that anybody has to go through this . By all means ask for help of you would like some . We all would be more than willing to help any way we can .

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Thank goodness for the dogs as alerting them to the Danger...Fires are a terrible thing..I used to work volunteer fire department and it was always a very sad affair...Thoughts and prayers from Mn.

·
Crazy Northerner
8,631 Posts
I was in shock when I saw the post by Curtis. I called Jerry right away to see if they were really ok. Fires are like being robbed by someone who trashes what ever they don't steal. God bless you Jerry and Margie and those great life saving dogs.One newspaper stated the fire may have been caused by careless smoking practices. Strange cause none of them smoke.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Sorry to hear

Jerry&Margie,sorry to hear about the fire!! Thank god nobody was injured! If you need anything keep us posted PLEASE. I had my house burn down 31 years ago and found out how all the good friend's that I had were there when we needed them,it is very comforting to know that.God bless you two and keep us posted Jim& Deb

·
Crazy Northerner
8,631 Posts
Message from Dave Krizizke

This is from an email that Dave sent to all our fellow chapter members. Dave is a very good man and will answer any questions and I am sure will forward any calls for help from Jerry and Margie.

Thanks,
Dave

Jerry, Marge and their son just left our home and headed for the hotel.

They are fed and ready to turn in for some much needed rest.

I will continue to attempt to keep our Goldwing Family informed of what is happening.

It has not been stated as official, but it appears the house is a total loss.

Chuck, Chris, Jill and I spent the day with them for support and to assist wherever asked.

Right now it is hurry up and wait.

There is nothing that we can do to assist Jerry and Marge for the next day or two.

They are waiting for a group of professionals to show up in the morning to walk thru the house to see if there is anything that they believe they can salvage.

They are looking into temporary housing. Again they are waiting.

They are removing very little from the house at this time because they have been instructed not to.

The Red Cross has been awesome.

He is very pre-occupied right now—so please use me as a contact for him—he is busy with important phone calls pertaining to the situation.

PLEASE—PLEASE USE ME AS A CONTACT

WE KNOW EVERYONE WANTS TO TALK TO HIM, BUT THAT TIME WILL COME

ALLOW HIM TO DEAL WITH THE IMMEDIATE ISSUES RIGHT NOW. I HOPE YOU WILL UNDERSTAND THIS REQUEST.

My home number is 920-921-2457

If no answer

My cell number is 920-251-0548

My e-mail is [email protected]

I have been printing and saving e-mails to give to him

I HAVE BEEN RECEIVING CALLS AND E-MAILS AND I AM DOCUMENTING EVERYTHING FOR THEM.

I will do my best to keep you all posted and informed—If you have questions—e-mail me or call

I will reply as best I am able

He will prepare an e-mail for me to send to all of you shortly

As I stated we will rally the troops to help as soon as we find out what we can do and how we can help

Please call or watch your e-mail for more information.

One thing we can do, if you are so inclined, shoot a couple of prayers their way. They need them!

Be safe all-----

Dave & Jill Krizizke
A Friend

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You meet the nicest people from GWRRA, and they mostly ride Hondas . . . .

·
Registered
305 Posts
Very glad they are OK. We are keeping them in our thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
BESIDES A BAD ORDEAL THAT IT IS IT IS REALLY BAD ON THE TIMING . OUR HOUSE IS GETTING THE ROOF TOMORROW. WE ARE ON THE UP HILL CLIMB . IF THE NEED ANYTHING WE SHOULD GET A FUND GOING
IT SURE IS A NASTY THING TO DEAL WITH :eek:4:

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
BE READY :thumbup:. THINGS DO HAPPEN .I KNOW . BUT THRU OTHERS TRAGEDY . WE MUST LEARN
DO YOU ? HAVE A DETECTOR IN EVERY ROOM , COMPUTERS BACKED UP ON A PORTABLE DRIVE ,VIDEO OF YOUR CONTENTS . BACK UPS STORED AT OTHER LOCATIONS .
WE HAVE HEARD THERE IS OTHER COVERAGE ON CONTENTS , OVER REPLACEMENT . AS IN A FIXED COVERAGE AMOUNT THAT IS JUST PAID OUT , AND NOT THE BS OF REPLACEMENT , ITEMIZING RECEIPTS:eek:4:. LIKE WERE DOING . WE HAVE NOT CHECKED ON THE FIXED PAY OUT COVERAGE , MAY NOT BE TRUE . BUT THESE ARE THING WE NEED TO DO .
WE HAD JUST BU OUR COMP . BUT IT WAS STILL STORED AT HOME . DONT WAIT GET THIS STUFF DONE AND HOPE YOU NEVER NEED IT , BUT YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU HAVE IT IF EVER :eek:4:
IM NOT WANTING TO BE HARSH BUT TRYING TO HELP OTHERS FROM 20.20 HIND SIGHT
WE WISH WE HAD OUR DUCKS IN A ROW :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
31,967 Posts
BE READY :thumbup:. THINGS DO HAPPEN .I KNOW . BUT THRU OTHERS TRAGEDY . WE MUST LEARN
DO YOU ? HAVE A DETECTOR IN EVERY ROOM , COMPUTERS BACKED UP ON A PORTABLE DRIVE ,VIDEO OF YOUR CONTENTS . BACK UPS STORED AT OTHER LOCATIONS .
WE HAVE HEARD THERE IS OTHER COVERAGE ON CONTENTS , OVER REPLACEMENT . AS IN A FIXED COVERAGE AMOUNT THAT IS JUST PAID OUT , AND NOT THE BS OF REPLACEMENT , ITEMIZING RECEIPTS:eek:4:. LIKE WERE DOING . WE HAVE NOT CHECKED ON THE FIXED PAY OUT COVERAGE , MAY NOT BE TRUE . BUT THESE ARE THING WE NEED TO DO .
WE HAD JUST BU OUR COMP . BUT IT WAS STILL STORED AT HOME . DONT WAIT GET THIS STUFF DONE AND HOPE YOU NEVER NEED IT , BUT YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU HAVE IT IF EVER :eek:4:
IM NOT WANTING TO BE HARSH BUT TRYING TO HELP OTHERS FROM 20.20 HIND SIGHT
WE WISH WE HAD OUR DUCKS IN A ROW :thumbup:
Not harsh, just words from somebody who know first hand not long ago what's it like and wanting to share advice . :bow: :thumbup:

·
Crazy Northerner
8,631 Posts
I'm thinking I may want to check out my insurance again and be sure. I guess you just always think it can't happen to you.

·
Premium Member
31,967 Posts
I'm thinking I may want to check out my insurance again and be sure. I guess you just always think it can't happen to you.
That's my Friday after work project .

1 - 20 of 37 Posts