GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Turn signal conversion kit. Make the turn signals red running lights when it's not flashing amber. Should have kits ready next week.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Now that is a good one...

What is nice, is from the sound of it, you have it flashing orange for blinkers!

I remember switching my wife's yellow turn blinkers on the tail of the 883 out for red lenses and running/blink/brake lights.

Please post a vid of the blinkers running in conjunction with the red stop/brake.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Looks very good.

Lewis, are you working on any new lights for the lower cowl on the 2012?
Or do the current ones fit ok?

·
Registered
792 Posts
I used a similar kit on the Shadow and VTX. It will put back some of the missing lighting for the 2012s and add a lot to its visibility.

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
I saw the bike Lewis fixed for Honda Shop here today. It sure made a lot better look from behind. Makes all the rear lites red until you turn the turn signals on then they blink yellow.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
HOLD THE PHONE, you mean to tell me that while he has been off recovering, that TN Charlie went out and got a 2012?:shock::?;)

Nicely done Lewis, but then again, it always is.:thumbup:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Lewis
I really like this feature, will there be harness wires to be cut?

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lewis.Are you planning on a dual bulb conversion for the Running light only center light too?.
Yes....have connectors on order.

Lewis
I really like this feature, will there be harness wires to be cut?
No cutting. Will tap into existing wires. Fairly painless. After doing the first one, I could repeat it in 10 minutes. Use a step drill bit to drill the hole for the bulb tho.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts