GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a motorcycle lift at Lowes the other day. It looks a lot like the PITBULL, but, it has the KOBOLT name on it. It's only $99.00. Has anyone that has had experience with the PITBULL seen this KOBALT lift and if so, how do they differ? Is the difference enough to justify the price differential? A good lift at that money should put a lift in every garage.

G

·
Yes, please let us know if this is a mechanical twin to the Pitbull, highly curious! I looked at Lowes' website, but I'm not that familiar with the pit bull to tell what's different. For those that are, heres the link:

http://www.lowes.com/lkn?action=product ... 680-T-2154

click on the zoom button below the photo, it opens an applet that allows you to zoom in and move the lift around.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
2 ways to get a Pit Bull lift

first is just spend da bucks and buy one, second is to have someone (if you are not good at this) measure up the individual pieces and cut some from square steel tubing and bolt/weld one up. These are very heavy tho, they will handle a fully loaded 1500 and me (300lbs) jumping up and down with nothing tying the wing down. I lifted the front of my truck with mine so there is no problem with a measly old wing :) The lifts at Sears, Harbour freight etc are not anywhere close in strength but you have to grunt a little moving it around. One other thing, mine lifts 22-26 in. others are only 18-20in.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Kobalt lift from Lowes

I just purchased the Kobalt lift from Lowes. It takes a few minutes to unpack and assemble. It easily fits under the bike with the side stand down and lifts the bike very nicely. It seems very well built and has a large footprint on the floor for stability. I didn't try to roll the lift with the bike on it because I didn't have any tie downs handy but the bike felt very stable while on the lift. For $99, it looks like a "best buy" to me.

A question for those of you who have lifts, where do you hook your tie downs on the bike? With the central position of the lift, it looks like the front and rear crash bars would be the logical choice. Otherwise it looks like I will have to buy a Canyon Dancer for the handle bars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.