GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all,
The guy I bought my Wing from pointed me to this forum and I thought I'd say hi and am happy to be here. I'm a long-time sport bike owner and rider. I rode a friend's Wing on New Year's Day and to say the least it was one of those transformational experiences.

I had rented one in California and was impressed but I had no frame of reference since I was riding on unfamiliar roads. On New Year's Day, I rode a very familiar route I've ridden hundreds of times over the years on sport bikes and I rode it every bit as fast as I had on them--and the comfort was obscene.

Oh, and need I mention that my girlfriend is very comfortable on it? She loves riding but hated being on the back of my ZZR. So, it's transformed our relationship too.

Anyway, happy to be here and hope to learn a lot to make the experience even greater.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Welcome! Your gonna love it more and more. My wife loves riding it too.

Just remember, it may handle like a sport bike but it weighs twice as much and has limits. Have Fun and Be Safe!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Welcome aboard! I have to agree with you on the way the bike handles the twisties. Just remember, you will drag pegs a whole lot sooner than an your sports bike. Enjoy.

Mike

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Welcome aboard. There are a lot of local (to you) riders on this board. And, lots of us ride together quite often on the weekends. Keep an eye out for posted rides from "Trailsman", or DDKing. We tear up the NGA mountains most weekends during the better riding months. I guess they'll still let me ride with em??

Glad you like your wing. Let the fun begin.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Welcome and congratulations.
You've just begun to experience the full pleasure and joy of the Goldwing.
Glad the gal pal likes the ride also. Not surprised.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Welcome and good luck on your wing, I hope you have many enjoyable miles on it. I am also a gentle sport rider the other bike is an 07 GSXR-1K

·
Registered
177 Posts
Sure is nice when your s/o enjoys the ride

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Welcome aboard. You probably won't be riding with me if you like the sport bike ride, but we will still meet somewhere and be friends. You'll find a lot of great people on this site. Try to get to some of our gatherings. We've shot more bulls in the parking lot tha Oscar Mayer.:lol:

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Welcome

WELCOME, AND SPRING IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER......

I AM STILL ENJOYING MY 2001 WING, STILL PERFORMS WELL.....:congrats:

·
Registered
821 Posts
Welcome aboard, and congrats on the wing! Many people change to a wing but few change from the wing, unless it's a newer wing.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Welcome aboard. I've thought about purchasing a sport bike in addition to the Wing. Funny thing, those thoughts never come to mind while actually riding the Wing.
Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
128 Posts
goldwing

:congrats: on your goldwing. I think the more you ride it the better you will like it. Ride safe.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts