GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Trikers. I bought my new trike, 2006 GL1800 with Motor Trike kit, Dark Red in color, on Friday 12/29/06, and I love it already. Have logged almost 400 miles on it since then. I have been following the posts for a while, and notice that several of you are within driving distance from me. My wife Linda and I reside in Anacoco, Louisiana, that's 9 miles north of Leesville (Fort Polk). Some members were talking about meeting in Jasper, TX to eat. We try to go to Jasper every Saturday morning to eat at Golden Corral, maybe we will see some of you there in the future. We are also currently planning to make Wing Ding 29 with a local group. I will take some photos tomorrow, if the weather is nice and post them. Could someone tell me how to get a picture in the box on the left side of the page. Any assistance will be appreciated, and I look forward to chating and maybe meeting all of you.

Paul Whittington

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
Welcome to the best forum on the Internet and enjoy the besrt ride in the world!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome, Red, Bulldog & S&W Triker. I figured out how to post a picture on the left. It is not real good, took it Sunday while Linda & I were viewing the recovery from the damage inflicted by hurricanes Rita & Katrina last year.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Congratulations on your new trike and welcome to the board :D

Slinkey (Larry Crocker)

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Welcome to the board....and congrats on the new trike!!!

Lots of very good people with a wealth on information here.....

If someone here doesn't know a answer to any of your questions, you might not need to know :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ride safe, have a very good new year.. :wink:

·
Registered
362 Posts
Welcome to the group! After a thousand miles or so, you'll really enjoy the trike. Ride safe, enjoy the ride, and wave... :capwin:

Bill

B

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the family Paul. You are going to love your trike. There are a lot of guys on the board that live around you and I'm sure you'll be hearing from them. Especially since you like to eat. :eat1:

·
Registered
42 Posts
:D Welcome Paul,just got mine last month,and UPS will bring Accessories right to your front door ,it's Great :shock:

·
Registered
7 Posts
From A Future Newbie to another Newbie

Wannabe: Congratulations on your new trike, and to this chat board. I am currently awaiting the transition of my White 2006 Goldwing into a CSC trike. The anticipated date for pickup is mid-February. This Wing is new to me, and yet to be ridden; since I totalled my Magenta 2004 Goldwing in a collision with a Montana deer on the first day of our much anticipated trip to Wing-ding in Nashville. The Wing and trailer were both totalled, and the wife and I were pretty beat up. We haven't been able to ride since then; but are looking forward to getting back in the saddle. We just thought a trike would be the better way to go for us. Like you, I have been watching and reading this chat board for awhile, and have really learned alot. Looking forward to now being able to ask questions and continue to learn. From the Shyster.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A hearty thanks to everyone who has welcomed me to the forum. I am glad to be a member. Sorry, I did not get to take any pictures yesterday, and the weather today is terrible, unless you are a duck. Maybe tomorrow, think the weather is supposed to be a little better. I read a lot of the older forums last evening, and got answers to a lot of questions I had, but did not know where to go for help. Like the air suspension showing error. I suspected that that function had been removed for the trike install. Also, the purpose of the air guage on the right under the storage pocket on the fairing. I now know what it is for, but am still unsure how much air to run. My wife and I have a combined total weight of around 400 pounds, so any suggestions would be appreciated. Also, I did not receive any literature on the trike conversion (bought the converted rig from a Honda dealer in Alexandria, LA), so don't even know how much air pressure to run in the rear tires. Seems like I should have recieved a manual or something with the rig. I look forward to hearing from all of you, and chatting in the future.

Be safe, and ride to live, live to ride. :D

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Wannabe said:
Hello fellow Trikers. I bought my new trike, 2006 GL1800 with Motor Trike kit, Dark Red in color, on Friday 12/29/06, and I love it already. Have logged almost 400 miles on it since then. I have been following the posts for a while, and notice that several of you are within driving distance from me. My wife Linda and I reside in Anacoco, Louisiana, that's 9 miles north of Leesville (Fort Polk). Some members were talking about meeting in Jasper, TX to eat. We try to go to Jasper every Saturday morning to eat at Golden Corral, maybe we will see some of you there in the future. We are also currently planning to make Wing Ding 29 with a local group. I will take some photos tomorrow, if the weather is nice and post them. Could someone tell me how to get a picture in the box on the left side of the page. Any assistance will be appreciated, and I look forward to chating and maybe meeting all of you.

Paul Whittington
Hello Paul,

The Golden Corral may be good , but I injoy The Lone Star Buffet on US 96 about two blocks north of US 190.

As soon as we have a nice weekend I want to do that again.

Give me a PM with you email addy so we can coordinate with two Texas trikers (Wizad & Slinkey).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts