GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
traded last summer from my VTX1800 to a 02 GL1800, black of course:yes1:
I enjoy reading all of your post's and feel like I already know some of you.
There has been lot's of talk about seat upgrading on here so I would like to ask one more.... has anyone here ever tried MeanCityCycles to have their seat done?? He is on the VTX board and everyone there gives him high marks for his work. I really can't afford a Russel day long and I see the wingsoft spoken of as well, but wondered if anyone had first hand knowledge of MeanCitycycles:rolleyes:

·
Registered
19,219 Posts
:congrats:You might start w/the $18 Walfart pad
If you need more -Wingsoft is the most affordable aftermarket seat
(they use the stock pan, cover and add foam)

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Seat

:congrats: Welcome to the forum. You will be able to fnd out anything that you need to know about motorcycles. I am still with the original seat.

·
Registered
584 Posts
:congrats: Just try the Wal-Mart pad. Welcome to the insanity. :yes1:

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Wal-Mart Pad works for me and I have a big behind. By the Way Welcome:congrats:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Welcome to the board, GrayGhost. I have known people on the Suzuki Volusia board that used Mean City Cycles to redo their OEM seats and loved it. Some even compared the MCC mod to a Mustang seat. They seem to have a reputation for high quality and great comfort at a very good price. You have to give up your seat to them for a couple of weeks, so winter is a good time to do it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Welcome to the party! I went with the Corbin for my seat upgrade.

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
Welcome, Grayghost45!!! YES!! on the MeanCityCycles! Allen did an incredible job on my VTX seat! While last time I spoke with him, he said he would work on GL seats, his forte is the VTX seat...that said, if I wanted any seat modified, it would be by Allen! A true gentleman and seat magician!! Congrats on the Wing! Ride safe and enjoy!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Welcome..........Black........Good choice on color......:thumbup:

I have to "ditto" the "try the Walmart Pad first" Worked for me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts