GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's official :D
I bought my first wing today, will have it in the garage on Monday!
Due to 5 below and a foot of snow, having it delivered.
'04 Candy Red Wing

Have a trip planned for July from Mn to Yellowstone and back on this new rig. Looking forward to it. As a proud owner of a '02 Candy Red Retro VTX (will never sell), the wife and I have been looking forward to a wing for our long distance trips that we recently been taking and enjoying.

You can count on me for some questions on this new rig just as I found the vtxoa board a wealth of valuable insight on the vtx. Looking forward to getting to know everyone here.

Mark and Karen

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Welcome to the site Mark and Karen. Nice looking VTX also. Now you'll have the best of both worlds. :lol:

:rw1: and, of course, you got the right color. :D

·
Registered
287 Posts
Welcome aboard Folks, and I hope you both have many many safe (S)miles of driving. Finally you have bought the fastest wing that wheels can carry, but stick to the speed limit. :lol: :wink: :p

·
Registered
46 Posts
Welcome Mark and Karen. I am just south of you in the warm state of Iowa :roll: If you get our way give us a shout! Glad to see you picked the fastest color :lol: You won't be sorry :!:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Karen & Mark,

Welcome aboard. Two things that you will never regret. Joining this board and buying a Wing.

Get as many (S)miles out of that Wing as you can.

Bulldog & Meesh

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all for the warm welcome.

It's gonna be tough over the next 6-8 weeks to wait for the weather here to warm up and melt the snow off so I can see how this thing rides. A very trusting couple we met for the first time offered us their '02 to take a short spin on and that's all it took.

Meanwhile, Hal should be happy to know the next few months will mean I will be shopping for accessories! I do have an 40gb ipod that will get hooked up right away, so I won't need the cd player. Still pondering communications, hiway pegs, backrest, rear speakers...oh there I go again! Wife says it's the only time I enjoy shopping and I don't need to enjoy it so much!

·
Registered
5 Posts

welcome folks, i'm sure you are going to love your new wing....there are alot of nice people on this message board, { some sane, some insane} but all great!

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
You're gonna love this bike! As has been stated, you've chosen the fastest color available. I'm fairly new to this board too, and everyone has been great.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts