GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In another post one of the guys suggested that if the ignition is accidently left on, it will turn off after 5 minutes to save battery, true or false inquiring minds want to know???

·
Registered
8,749 Posts
In another post one of the guys suggested that if the ignition is accidently left on, it will turn off after 5 minutes to save battery, true or false inquiring minds want to know???

That would be a nice feature, many cars have it. Unfortunately the new Wing doesn't.:frown2:

·
Registered
99 Posts
In accessory mode (dash on, headlights off) the bike will shut off by itself after one hour. In run mode (headlights on), the bike will shut off only when the battery runs out of juice and the bike is dead. I don't know what idiot engineer thought that this was a good design.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
In accessory mode (dash on, headlights off) the bike will shut off by itself after one hour. In run mode (headlights on), the bike will shut off only when the battery runs out of juice and the bike is dead. I don't know what idiot engineer thought that this was a good design.
The same one who did the Nav system interface.

·
Love The DCT
12,024 Posts
When my bike is in the accessory mode it consistently shuts off after 40 minutes. Personally I have seen the time vary from bike to bike.

:doorag:

·
Registered
99 Posts
When my bike is in the accessory mode it consistently shuts off after 40 minutes. Personally I have seen the time vary from bike to bike.

:doorag:
That's strange that yours is different. You must have trouble with the nav updates? They usually take 40-45 minutes. If your bike shuts off you have to start all over again.

·
IronMan
17,639 Posts
ALL MY BIKES SHUT OFF "AUTOMATICALLY " SOON AS BATTERY DIES FROM LEAVING KEY ON :surprise::frown2::smile2:

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
I don't know what idiot engineer thought that this was a good design.
The same one that thought the fans blowing forward on the '01 thru '17 models was a good idea. JMHO>:)

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
In the accessory mode mine turns off in about 20 minutes and I never have a problem restarting..

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have a good reason for asking this question, as of now my bike is being transported from Fla to Las vegas by haul bikes, it sure to be loaded and unloaded multiple times, I am hoping no one leaves the ignition on, I am picking it up June 10th.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good luck with Haul Bikes... I contracted with them to transport two bikes when I moved cross country. NEVER AGAIN. If you can’t ride it, I’d drain the fluids and build a crate.
This is my fourth time with haul bikes, once to Las Vegas and twice to Portland, Or., they were spot on the first 3 times, heres hoping for a fourth.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts