GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mounted up an Alpin today and took it for short ride - feels pretty nice - I am a noob around here and really appreciate all the info. Tire is on for an AK trip. Thanks to Rail and others who I talked to about this. I'll putting it through its paces tomorrow to make sure I like it.

I went to 5 tire shops before I found someone who would mount it. 2 car shops said they didn't have right machine for the RIM. Honda dealer said no - even though they mounted one for another member here in the past. Local Cycle Gear said it was company policy not to mount car tires. Local NTB came through - they couldn't balance it - so went back to the Honda dealer to balance it and they said no problem they could balance it now that it was on the RIM - :roll:.

Please sir may I have a number :)

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
welcome Nice tire choice to start off with enjoy

·
IronMan
17,463 Posts
welcome to ds. miles = smiles :thumbup::thumbup: it justs gets better

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Darkside

WELCOME to the forum, and also WELCOME to the Darkside. I put on my first Michelin Alpin RF before we took our first trip to Alaska in 2012. We are going back to Alaska in June this summer. I thought the RF was a good tire for the roads in Alaska. It worked for me. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Well :congrats: and welcome to the Darkside!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,944 Posts
Mounted up an Alpin today and took it for short ride - feels pretty nice - I am a noob around here and really appreciate all the info. Tire is on for an AK trip. Thanks to Rail and others who I talked to about this. I'll putting it through its paces tomorrow to make sure I like it.

I went to 5 tire shops before I found someone who would mount it. 2 car shops said they didn't have right machine for the RIM. Honda dealer said no - even though they mounted one for another member here in the past. Local Cycle Gear said it was company policy not to mount car tires. Local NTB came through - they couldn't balance it - so went back to the Honda dealer to balance it and they said no problem they could balance it now that it was on the RIM - :roll:.

Welcome to the Darkside! Send Murgie a PM for a number. He is out of town so I don't know if he will be on the forum or not.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Welcome to the dark side. You will love the alpin:thumbup:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Welcome to the Darkside, the alpine is a great choice.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts

Awesome , now all ya need to do is ride to Wi. here and grab your share of Darkside cookies . New ones are Lamberts thrown roll cafe sorghum molasses Darkside cookies .

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Great tire for starter DarkSiders! Welcome and enjoy! You will be amazed the more you run it! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Yep congrats...You should get plenty of miles out of it...I have run a couple of them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts