GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a board search and found some old posts about wiper kits on the GL

I know these repeated post must annoy the hell out of the long time posters here, but newbi to the board.

We all know the Japanese Goldwing comes with wipers as standard.

I prefer looking over my screen, but when a slight rain turns into thunderstorms and no shelter in sight, might be an option.

Here is a link to the Japanese part, not sure it can be retro fitted.

http://www.honda.co.jp/memory/mem-s8/s8mparts/8mb-48-1.html

I can get this translated if needed.

Also found this
http://cyclewiper.com/products/wiperkit.asp

Anyone thoughts...

Don't ask me why :shrug:, Just think it be different enough, thats why they have places like West Cost Customs

TIA

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
My bike came with a wiper. It's at the extreme right-hand end of the handlebars. Just twist a little, and all the water disappears. ;)

·
Registered
887 Posts
Don't you think it would scratch a stock windshield??? I think you need a lexan or a better product, than stock, so it would last! But it would be nice.

·
Registered
501 Posts
No translation necessary

Dean,
No need to translate, seemed perfectly clear to me.:shock::lol:

·
Registered
2,470 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:oops:ok ignore me!

I asked my wife, she's Japanese to search the Honda powersport website.

Not doing to good, after I found the cycle wiper and read that, the site went down and I can no longer access. Oh well thanks for taking the time to check though.

http://cyclewiper.com/

·
Registered
16,862 Posts
Maybe look in a JCW catalog and see if they have an old vacuum operated wiper kit like for old Ford Bronco or IH Scout -- or even a hand operated one like the old Tin Lizzy.

prs

·
Registered
37 Posts
Wiper

A company called Peer Clear from Solon Ohio supplies a wiper for both Goldwings and HD motorcycles. We use them on all the F4 displays for our dealerships and rallies. They are very dependable.
Kevin Zimmal is the owner and he can be reached at 440-668-7643.
Don Frank
President
F4 Customs LLC

A

·
0 Posts
DFrank, that's where the link Dean gave us goes. That motor looks pretty heavy to be hanging off of the wind screen. I don't like the size of it sticking out there either. I'm a +1 for using the throttle.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I saw one of these wipers on the F4 stand at cats-cade, talking with the guys at F4, they told me the Japanese screens are glass. The plastic screens we have would scratch very easily if a bit of grit got between the wiper and the screen. It was one of those passing thoughts at the time that it would be cool to have one.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
A friend made me this several years ago and it still works great, the only problem is it's hand operated :coffee1:

·
Registered
402 Posts
I have the above its called http://www.lewipe.com/ its 29.95 from the maker.
The motor driver wipers problem was it lifted off the windshield at speeds over 50 or so .They sold them in the early 90s ,but don't think they are around any more .It was not the one from Peer Clear.The motor was not seen and had a longer arm.

·
Registered
494 Posts
peer clear wiper(not 2 long )

I have had the wiper now for a year.
It came with a one touch switch,just touch-it, and it makes one foward and back pass.allways stops at the same place.(right side)
You can change the gear on the inside,you can get a 35 degree pass
or a 45 degree pass.You can move the blade up or down,4 inches,
depending on how tall you are ,when looking thru the wind screen.
I also ordererd the opt. full time switch.and a second wiper blade refill.
I will tell you,'
This is the best thing I've bought, since the extra tall wind shield.
When you are in slow traffic,and the wind screen is loading-up with drops,you just touch the button pad,and the wiper runs once.
The wiper NEVER comes off the wind screen at high speed,NEVER!!
After about 50 miles, you just don't see the wiper blade at the right side of the screen.It just is'nt a nucence.I leave it off the motor post,and in the trunk,70 % of the time,only takes seconds to put on,If the forcast says poss.rain showers,I put it on at the first rest stop.The best thing I've bought!
AFTER GAS THAT IS!!!!!!!!
KennyU
SeattleWA
The motor is superlight!Does not shake at all!And is black,so it does not show-up in the windscreen as a reflection.
[email protected]
with questions.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts