GL1800Riders Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
The only problem I have with the remote start is that it is not specific to my 'wing. It starts all Goldwings within 200 yards. You would think that with all of its technology, Honda could come up with a better system. Isn't is suppose to be like a garage door opener with it's own frequency? I get plenty tired of going around shutting off everybody elses bike before I can leave.

·
Premium Member
19,862 Posts
Jan you obviously held the button too long on step three. Hold it between 1 and 4 seconds. If you do this -only your bike will start. You probably held it for 6 seconds and that's a no no.

Of note if you have a headlight or taillight modulator on it can interfere with the remote start function, ask me how I know.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
You know I was thinking the other day, (and I didn't get a headache :lol: ) Wouldn't it be cool at Rockies Gold next summer we could all line our
Wings up and all hit the panic button on our remotes at the same time. We could make as much noise as a bunch of Harleys with straight pipes. About midnight is what I'm thinking. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

21 - 23 of 23 Posts