GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
Joined
·
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple weeks ago @gwhobo and I made a trip up to Heidi's Ugly Cakes for lunch and some desert. We made the mistake of visiting on a Saturday which means she was sold out of cakes and pies. As you can see we really need run back up there.


Larry will be meeting me here in Morrilton tomorrow morning around 9:15. If anyone would like to join us, post up and we will get specific on a meeting place.


The only thing that might cause a problem is the weather. It is more unpredictable than usual right now. When I checked the forecast last night we had 20 percent chance of rain. This morning that had changed to 80 percent. And we got another good rain. :frown2:
 

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
Joined
·
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)



The route for the day is shown above. We were talking the other day about a road that runs up through Prim, Arkansas(highway 263). I had not run the section from the junction of highway 92 North were it junctions with highway 9 in several years. We both decided that needed to be fixed and today was the day. The very beginning of the highway starts with some real good tight curves as the road makes a significant drop in elevation to cross the eastern finger of Greers Ferry Lake. The first part of that was impeded by white pickup truck that really wanted to stay in front of us rather than allowing a pass. However I did find a short passing zone before the bridge to make the pass. And Larry came around shortly after.


In addition, when we ride in this area of the state, Push Mountain and highway 74 are usually on the agenda. We enjoyed both of those roads today plus many more.



And another reason for the ride today! Dessert!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
352 Posts
Today was a very pleasant ride...without all that pollen and wind we got into on the last ride.:clap2:
340 miles of good roads for me... yes and some of it we had not ridden in quite some time...



I sure enjoyed the ride, the lunch at Heidi's, and most of all the time spent with a good friend!!!:thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,921 Posts
Sounds like a great ride!
Mix old with the new roads.

Donnie
 
  • Like
Reactions: gwhobo and Monk
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top