GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Honda Goldwing DCT Bagger
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I picked up my new to me 2021 Goldwing Bagger a while back I knew that I would need to do some mod's. Like most of my other bikes, I needed to get the ergonomics worked out. I started with a riders backrest and Goldstrike grips then came proper hiway pegs, and after a lot of research I changed the bars out to Heli Horizons last week. The last thing to make this bike comfortable was to replace this awful seat. I was hoping that after some miles that either I would get used to it or it would get used to me. The bars and pegs really helped BUT a new seat was inevitable. Using this site and others for research I went to work. I have personal experience with Mustang, Danny Gray and most recently I put about 50,000 miles on a Corbin. I loved my Corbin Solo on my 2018 CVO Road Glide, but my girl hated the passenger pillion. She doesn't ride with me enough to break in a Corbin, which takes roughly a couple thousand miles or so. For my Wing I looked at the Ultimate and Hartco, both of which I had never heard of in the Harley world. BTW as of this posting there is an almost new Hartco for these bikes on eBay for only $600. While I was looking gathering information I called a couple of the vendors. When I called Mustang I ended up talking to Trisha Kelly in customer service, who unlike some of the other vendors was willing to go the extra mile to earn my business. She even went to the warehouse and took a couple physical measurements for me. But....she said that the heated version of their seat would not plug in/work on my bike (non touring) AND they haven't designed a matching passenger backrest for the larger 21 and newer trunks yet. Hmmm. I then asked if she would look into a discount since I couldn't use the heat upgrade which is standard on their Goldwing seats. When she came back to the phone She said "I have great news". They had a brand new custom ordered seat for my bike sitting on the shelf in a gorgeous diamond pattern with the matching riders backrest and no heat option. She made me a great deal on it and it is now on it's way to me so I'll share my thoughts once it gets here!

Stay tuned....

Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Grey Comfort Personal protective equipment

·
Registered
Future Goldwing owner - current sport bike owner looking to sell
117 Posts
Mustang Seats for the win!
So glad to hear a good customer service story like that.
Let us know how it works out. I'm still going back and forth on Ultimate vs Russell Day Long.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
9,953 Posts
I have broken in a few Corbin saddles since 1992. Definitely, BOTH butt and saddle must break in together.

True of all saddles.
Not really....when brand new my RDL was comfortable from mile 1....on my road trip this past June, at 900 miles I felt as comfortable as mile 1....other parts of my body were getting tired at that point, but my butt was comfortable the whole 900 miles

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Hope it works out well for you and you got it at a good price also.
Enjoy and don't forget to update.
Being you haven't filled out your Location in your Account Settings, where do you live?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hope it works out well for you and you got it at a good price also.
Enjoy and don't forget to update.
Being you haven't filled out your Location in your Account Settings, where do you live?
Thanks, I did go in and put my location and a couple of other things in to the account information but I guess I didn't scroll down far enough to see the SAVE button. What a maroon! lol

·
Registered
61 Posts
When I picked up my new to me 2021 Goldwing Bagger a while back I knew that I would need to do some mod's. Like most of my other bikes, I needed to get the ergonomics worked out. I started with a riders backrest and Goldstrike grips then came proper hiway pegs, and after a lot of research I changed the bars out to Heli Horizons last week. The last thing to make this bike comfortable was to replace this awful seat. I was hoping that after some miles that either I would get used to it or it would get used to me. The bars and pegs really helped BUT a new seat was inevitable. Using this site and others for research I went to work. I have personal experience with Mustang, Danny Gray and most recently I put about 50,000 miles on a Corbin. I loved my Corbin Solo on my 2018 CVO Road Glide, but my girl hated the passenger pillion. She doesn't ride with me enough to break in a Corbin, which takes roughly a couple thousand miles or so. For my Wing I looked at the Ultimate and Hartco, both of which I had never heard of in the Harley world. BTW as of this posting there is an almost new Hartco for these bikes on eBay for only $600. While I was looking gathering information I called a couple of the vendors. When I called Mustang I ended up talking to Trisha Kelly in customer service, who unlike some of the other vendors was willing to go the extra mile to earn my business. She even went to the warehouse and took a couple physical measurements for me. But....she said that the heated version of their seat would not plug in/work on my bike (non touring) AND they haven't designed a matching passenger backrest for the larger 21 and newer trunks yet. Hmmm. I then asked if she would look into a discount since I couldn't use the heat upgrade which is standard on their Goldwing seats. When she came back to the phone She said "I have great news". They had a brand new custom ordered seat for my bike sitting on the shelf in a gorgeous diamond pattern with the matching riders backrest and no heat option. She made me a great deal on it and it is now on it's way to me so I'll share my thoughts once it gets here!

Stay tuned....

That is a beautiful Mustang seat! I agree, Mustang has very good customer service. I wanted to purchase one for my 2022 DCT Tour, but don't understand why, after two years, their engineers haven't come up with a heated option!

View attachment 411047

·
Registered
341 Posts
Welcome aboard from South Florida. Im actually still using the original heated Honda seat on my 2012, Granted I have an Air Cushion I sit on for the longer rides But after 125k miles that seat still works. Had a few tears in the leather finally But for 115 bucks ordered the new leather cover and spent 2 hours replacing the seat cover and now looks brand new again.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
9,953 Posts
Welcome aboard from South Florida. Im actually still using the original heated Honda seat on my 2012, Granted I have an Air Cushion I sit on for the longer rides But after 125k miles that seat still works. Had a few tears in the leather finally But for 115 bucks ordered the new leather cover and spent 2 hours replacing the seat cover and now looks brand new again.
There is a hugh difference between the old models seat comfort and this latest models seat..Honda downgraded the current seats comfort for style/looks...Honda was more concerned with the seat blending in with the lines of the bike than it to be comfortable.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There is a hugh difference between the old models seat comfort and this latest models seat..Honda downgraded the current seats comfort for style/looks...Honda was more concerned with the seat blending in with the lines of the bike than it to be comfortable.
Well said!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts