GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been researching rear tires and have noticed the Metzler ME 880 seems to get pretty good mileage. Anyone have any experience with these?

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
I’ve been researching rear tires and have noticed the Metzler ME 880 seems to get pretty good mileage. Anyone have any experience with these?
For my riding style they cupped pretty quickly than howled

·
Registered
137 Posts
From my experience the Bridgestone 704 and 709 with Dynabeads internal balancing are the best bang for the buck by far. Get about 14 K to a set they are excellent on wet surfaces which is most important to me. I always change them out as a set even if I could get more out of the rear.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I do not know about the ME 880 radials but the Bias Ply tires failed frequently.
This is a picture from the September 2008 Wing World Magazine. It had a story as well.
I personally saw two ME 880's fail in the same way on friends' motorcycles.

Attachments

Reactions: Newwingrider65

·
Registered
16,980 Posts
My experience mimics Rail's observation. Metzeler tires were the noisiest and roughest riding tires I have ever had. Gripped well though.

prs

Reactions: Newwingrider65
1 - 6 of 6 Posts