GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Chard Member
13,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did my usual Sat meeting with my Florida Valkyrie Brothers and Sisters. Always a pleasure, even though it was only between 45-55 degrees today. This Florida Boy about froze at times in the early morning. LOL... Only 270 miles today, but I still consider myself lucky.

Ate at the Old Crow BBQ in Umatilla with them. The way my stomach feels I ate the Old Crow! Yuck!

I'll try to ride all I can for my Brethern up north. I do remember how the winter weather stunk! :(

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Red, Red, Red...

Red, you make me sick!!! Talking about riding while I am stuck here at the house recuperating. You're just adding to the agony my riding buddies here are giving me. Next thing I know you will even go as far as posting a pic. It was in the 50s and 60s here in Colorado today and a bunch of the guys were riding to the Denver convention center for the Cycle World MC show -- I'll never hear the end of it as I definitely planned to be there. A couple of the folks dropped by the house this morning (in car with spouses) to see how I was doing -- I know, they just came by to rub in the fact that they were going to be riding this afternoon. Boy, good friends really suck sometimes! (heh, heh).

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
I only put about 85 miles on the scooter today, in town.

tomorrow however will be different. My wife and I are going to wonder around

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
We are supposed to have a heat wave in IN. tomorrow. High of 45. :D Gee if this happens :) I will have to get the Wing out after I get off work. I am getting tired of this seven day week thing.. Glad to see Christmas coming so we can get a day off. Guess I am lucky I am working.A lot of people are not.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Give me a shout

Hey Red, next time you are riding over that way, give me a shout. I will ride over from Daytona and meet you for lunch...

·
Registered
615 Posts
Well , I took my last Hawaii ride today. Just had to do it, it is really beautiful and interesting terrain. Leaving to come home to Pa after a hard 3 weeks in Honolulu. Like Red said "Tough, but someone has to do it". Joy

·
Chard Member
13,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Joy....I have been wondering how you were doing across the pond! I guess you kicked the flu bug.

Give us a honest report of the 1500 when you get back! Different? LOL!!

Take care and have a safe trip home....

Dave.... It sounds like your recovery is doing well! You will be back on the road before too long.:)

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Just wait to you get home, Joy

Just got back from Montreal and there is from 18-20" of snow on the ground. My daughter in PA (Lehighton) also reports heavy snow accumulation. Sure you don't want to stay in Hawaii for a little while longer?

Got tired of working on reports, so kicked back and took Rio for a short ride. Reports should all be in by Monday, so plan on taking a one day trip somewhere - not sure where yet. Probably just ease out the driveway and see where Rio wants to go. High was 66 today and expected high Monday will be around the same. Color me gone! Well, for the day, that is.

·
Registered
39 Posts
45 in Milwaukee

It was beach weather today in S. E. Wisconsin:
sunny skies (for awhile) and temps in the mid forties,
not bad for late December.

150 miles today and about 2 pounds of salt, that works out to 1lb. for every 75 miles, that's just about right. Milwaukee has a fiscal crisis as do most cities. I know a place they can start saving some money; use last years left over salt and don't use 2" on salt for every inch of snow.

Still had a great time on the big Honda.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts