GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i know this subject really gets worked over, and it seems most of you are in the bushtec camp, but on a lot of other sites they seem to favor the kuryakyn hitch, any kury owners out their who want to weigh there pros and cons, i see that they both have about the same max tongue weight allowance. now to really stir it up how about you add on owners pros cons ? i can get a kury with the isolater hook up for about 80 bucks cheaper than the middle package of a bushtec. thats like a extra weekend trip :bow: my riding bud has a kury on his wing with zero regrets just wanted to feel out the rest of ya. thanks joe

·
Registered
637 Posts
I have an Add-On with a cooler rack. Easy to install and loved the price. I got the hitch for $125 during one of WingStuff's sales. That's a lot of gas money.

Members will start yelling "BUSHTEC" soon.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I've got a Rivco just because I got a bargain on it on Ebay. Works great. So does my best friends Kury hitch. Neither have ever been a problem.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Im happy with my Kury...
have pulled a loaded Bunkhouse camper
for 18,000 miles...no problems or
no signs of stress on any part.

·
Registered
731 Posts
hey i know this subject really gets worked over, and it seems most of you are in the bushtec camp, but on a lot of other sites they seem to favor the kuryakyn hitch, any kury owners out their who want to weigh there pros and cons, i see that they both have about the same max tongue weight allowance. now to really stir it up how about you add on owners pros cons ? i can get a kury with the isolater hook up for about 80 bucks cheaper than the middle package of a bushtec. thats like a extra weekend trip :bow: my riding bud has a kury on his wing with zero regrets just wanted to feel out the rest of ya. thanks joe
My first Kury I returned because the welds were rusted when I opened the package. The replacement looked good and was an easy install. I thought the sleave was a little sloppy and moved to much so I replaced the pin with a 1/2 inch bolt and tightened it down. Other than that I am happy with it.

Dale

·
Registered
602 Posts
I'd ordered out my bike w/a Bushtec V2 - but the salesman flubbed & installed it on the wrong bike, ditto for the luggage rack I ordered.

I installed a Dauntless Hitch a couple days ago & was a pretty straightforward install. The Dauntless instructions that came with it were pretty dismal, a U-Tube video would be a great help...... I took my notebook to my garage & watched the Bushtec install video somebody uploaded on U-Tube. That saved me some time.

With the Hitch I ordered out the cooler rack & a spare receiver. I like the fact I can remove the drawbar in about 2 nanoseconds & nothing's visible.

Dave / Silver '09 / Farmington, MO

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Kury hitch put on my '05 when new. Have pulled a HF homemade trailer and a loaded Aspen Classic camper for lots of miles. No regrets and nothing I would change.

I know some on here bash Kury at every chance, but I even like my Kury flat rack. No chrome problems from me.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey thanks to all for your replies, i think were going with the kury or the add on, anyone know what the max. tongue weights are on these hitches. thanks again joe

B

·
0 Posts
Rivco, Bushtec and Hitch-Doc... the strongest.

Rivco, Bushtec, and Hitch-Doc (in that order) is my preference because these are the only 3 that attach to the main frame at EACH and ALL attachment points. All others (including Kury and Dauntless) attach to the main frame AND THE WEAKER SUB-FRAME. That's why the top 3 are more money, they are stronger because of the attachment points they use. The strongest part of the sub-frame is much weaker than anywhere on the main frame so why would you attach a hitch to the weaker sub-frame?

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
+1 for the Bushtec, Rivco and Hitch-Doc.

I have the Hitch-Doc and would not be without the mainframe support it provides. JMHO

Fred

07 Blue wing/Mini-Mate camper

1 - 11 of 11 Posts