GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can a new Goldwing be bought though the large box stores like Costco or Sam's club?

Just Curious

·
Registered
9,328 Posts
Can a new Goldwing be bought though the large box stores like Costco or Sam's club?

Just Curious
Motorcycles *are* on the Costco Auto Program. You need to call and they will email you the information on what dealer might be close to you that participates in the plan. My suspicion is that it's a very select few power sports dealers that they (Costco) deals with.

Minimal information - and not very useful - is supplied when you go on-line and look at the 'generic' info (auto specific)

·
Registered
466 Posts
The car program at Sam’s isn’t worth pursuing for me. I can beat the Sam’s Club price just schmoozing the local sales managers with a fat wallet.

Maybe Costco's program is better.

Participating Sam’s Club dealers are never very close to my neck of the woods either. So it is aggravating to fool with them.

Reactions: cycledude

·
Registered
501 Posts
I just looked on the Costco site and I am not seeing motorcycles anymore. I would check at your store next time you are in there and see if motorcycles are still part of the program.

I did use the service when I was looking at a new KLR. I filled out the form on the Costco web site and they E Mailed me a local dealer that was part of the program. The dealer was going to knock off the shipping and set up fees along with a little off the MSRP. I ended up passing because I found a 4 year old KLR with a few options with only 300 miles on it for 2K cheaper.

With it being almost the end of season, you might find one cheaper that you can get on the program. I saw KLR's at dealer cost without the shipping and set up fees so they could get rid of them when searching Cycle Trader.

·
Vendor
17,822 Posts

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Reactions: cycledude

·
Registered
851 Posts
Our local Costco had a Honda Fury staged near the entrance for a few months this summer. I doubt very much the program is worthy but I don’t know.
Hey Greg if you are still on this channel, is Dorian heading your way? Be safe.

·
Vendor
17,822 Posts
Our local Costco had a Honda Fury staged near the entrance for a few months this summer. I doubt very much the program is worthy but I don’t know.
Hey Greg if you are still on this channel, is Dorian heading your way? Be safe.
Labor Day AM, there are some fast moving clouds coming from the NE. For us that is odd, and seems to only happen when there is a tropical storm or hurricane in the greater area. Thus far, other than the earlier warnings, which leads to empty grocery store shelves, and gas stations running out of gas, that's been the only impact for us thus far.

The neighbor still has not removed their hurricane shutters, but I'm sure they will soon.

·
Registered
9,328 Posts
I just looked on the Costco site and I am not seeing motorcycles anymore. I would check at your store next time you are in there and see if motorcycles are still part of the program.
...which is why I said you have to call.

Don't bother going into the store and asking, as the program is run out of a San Diego call center.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts