GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a little upset right now. I ordered my new Tulsa last month. I have not seen it at all. I did call two weeks back and got, a reply stating they were a little behind and it would be another week. I understood that and was told that many of us Wing riders did order that product.

Today two weeks from the last phone call, I called to check to see where I stood, figuring maybe I missed the UPS/Fed-ex people. Today I was told it would be another week to two weeks because they had a backorder on product and should be cut today or tomorrow.

Then it would be shipped out sometime later this week. With a delivery date of another week. I have talked with friends and have been told this is somewhat common of Tulsa. I'm not trying to start a Pi$$ing contest I know it will come but hey a month and two weeks. :shock: I like Tulsa stuff however, is it me or has anybody had the same problem?? Like I stated not trying to bash anybody or company just curious. :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
My Tulsa -2 took about a month and a half to get to me. I was informed about this up front and accepted the terms of the order. I am very impressed with the quality and the of the windshield and would do it again if needed. Yea it was a pain waiting for it but I am glad I did.

Cheers.
Marc

·
Registered
553 Posts
hmm buy American ?? why ?

hmmm,,amyone in China listening ? they could make a better w/screen and have it here in less than a week and it would sell for 19.99 hmmm..a dealer here would never be out of stock if made in china..hmmmm i used to want to buy American made but man has that changed....why would you accept an unreasonable time like that ? they are in the windscreen business and from what i have seen they are always out of material ??? hmmmmm buy American ? NOT

·
Registered
906 Posts
WOW ,,,the girl i taked to when i called on tuesday got it to me on thursday!!!tenn to va. in 2 days no extra money either!!!and i love it i got the +4 cuzz iam 6'3''

·
Registered
364 Posts
I ordered mine the first week they offered them. They had trouble with a supplier, and set them back some. I got it 2 weeks ago, so it took a while. I got the standard height, tinted. So far I like it a lot, not many miles on it yet.

So ya to answer your question it took a while longer than I originally was led to believe, and I don't know how much the girl that answerers the phone really knows about production schedules. She told me mine was up and coming 2 weeks before I saw it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I ordered mine four weeks ago. I was told at the time that it would be about 2-3 weeks before it would ship. Got an email from Allen last night saying it was shipped yesterday, UPS. Should be here tomorrow or Thursday. If you have a question about it, just email Allen. He has answered my two I have sent which helped to keep me informed.

Randy
:cop2:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Re: hmm buy American ?? why ?

oldbiker39 said:
hmmm,,amyone in China listening ? they could make a better w/screen and have it here in less than a week and it would sell for 19.99 hmmm..a dealer here would never be out of stock if made in china..hmmmm i used to want to buy American made but man has that changed....why would you accept an unreasonable time like that ? they are in the windscreen business and from what i have seen they are always out of material ??? hmmmmm buy American ? NOT
I hope you are kidding.

·
Registered
384 Posts
John,
If you live in Lyndon, WA, your order was placed on 10/2, that is a month, not an month and 2 weeks.
We have had some productions issues, we have had people out sick, Kim who does most of the windshield shipping in addition to answering phone questions lost her grandfather and was off a couple of days, and they have been doing their best to get orders shipped as quick as possible.

Sometimes there are problems that are out of our control that creates delays and we are not fortunate enough to have the staff to able to call everyone to let them know there is a delay and we spend considerable time every day on the phone checking orders to update the customer when they call.

Believe me, I would MUCH rather have all these orders shipped, since until they ship I do not charge your credit card, so until we ship it, we don't make any $$!

Most of these orders will ship within the next few days and we will be current to within a week or so.
Regards
Allen/Tulsa

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.