GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to all who responded to my Zumo questions, (yesterday, and a few weeks ago). I asked this one of Garmin, but I guess they are not home for the holidays, or too busy this week. So, I'll trouble you all with it.

Has anyone checked with Garmin, as to if they plan on including the display of speed and altitude on a future Zumo, and/or, being able to up-grade this one to display the info in the future?

Thanks again
Mack

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
The zumo already displays speed on both the map page and the trip page.

There are currently no plans on upgrading the ability to change the displays. That's what Garmin told me a while ago. They also told me the data fields could be changed which they can't. When you talk to a Garmin tech, make sure you get someone knowledgeable about the product you are asking about.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I haven't checked, no -- I really don't care about altitude; and the Zumo DOES have a speed indicator located at the bottom left of the map screen (as well as the dashboard display screen):

·
Registered
206 Posts
One of the greatest features about my newly acquired 2820 is the ability to customize the data fields. I have Speed at the Top, followed by Next Turn, Time of Day, followed by Audio Info so at the press on one button (Audio Info) I can mute the XM Radio, change source, change channels or increase/decrease volume. Very Cool feature and I have no idea why they didn't include this on the Zumo.

I know the Zumo came from another platform and not the Street Pilot series but they should have seen that alot of consumers really like this feature. Who knows what these big corporations think about???

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
That's why I bought an iWay :D **

I can customize the unit to operate however I want WITHOUT having to give up any map space to non-transparent data tabs.

BTW xxx, a simple press of a button on the left side of the Zumo toggles you between the map page, music player and dashboard. The music player gives you all of the same functions as the 2820 music player. You don't need to tie this to a data tab (and decrease the usable map space even more).

** :wink: (Just for you, JimRo)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Well, that is great news for Zumo users as I find it a MUST with my 2820. If I come to a stop light and a friend riding with me wants to talk to me I have to mute and device and another quick way I found is to hold down the Speak Button for 3 seconds which will also take you to the Audio Info Screen where you can then mute it.

I also like being able to add elevation such as when I am in the North Carolina mountains and curious about elevation. There are alot of different selections which makes it great and very informative.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys.

So the Zumo does indeed display your speed. Sorry, my bad. I completely overlooked/forgot that fact. Sure wish it had altitude tho. I understand it really doesn't matter, I would just like it to be there.

Thanks again
Mack

1 - 7 of 7 Posts