GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can get my antenna tuned with an antenna analyzer.

Means it's not necessary to reach the coax.

Preferably close to New Hampshire.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I think you want your SWR set on your CB antenna. Is that right?

I can't help you but I wish you good luck.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Antenna Analyzer

Using an antenna analyzer such as the MFJ-259 or the one made by Bird still require a connection to the antenna coax under the seat. The advantage is the CB radio is not used to provide the RF signal at the specified frequency.
I have the MFJ-259. Come on down and I'll tune it for you. :wink:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the offer. Still looking for something a little closer this fall.

Maybe I'll look you up in the spring.

Like your choice of color on the Wing.

I currently have a Dark Red Metalic but still love the Candy Apple Red and the Candy Black Cherry.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have two SWR meters and the adapters If you want to meet somewhere in between. Or wait until spring and I can come to Nashua, as I go through there on my way to a Friends house. I can't this weekend I am going to PA Friday morning.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
You can buy the adapters at Radio Shack for about $15. Then find yourself a simple SWR meter either at a Garage Sale (where I found mine for $1.00), Ebay or on-line and you are good to go.

Tuned mine from 1.6.1 to 1.1.1 and have a noticed improvement. Also, I was impressed at the 8 watts of output!

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have a radio shack SWR meter but it has the Pl259 ?? connectors on it. I went down there to find some adapters for the antenna that these Cb's have and they were unable to come up with anything. Could you give me some part numbers or other advice on where to get adapters?

Thanks.

Marc

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
From what I have seen, using a simple SWR/VSWR meter with the antenna and CB you are using it with works better than a stand alone Antenna Analyzer. Since you are dealing with a low power unit, matching the antenna will help. Also make sure you have as good of a ground connection as you can for the antenna. With the aluminum chassis the Wings ground plane is lacking and there is not to much that can be done to improve it other than checking your connections and tuning your antenna.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
BAT1800 said:
Also, I was impressed at the 8 watts of output!
Hey Bat.

Better check that SWR meter. The legal CB RF output is 4.5 watts. The company that makes the Honda CB would be violating FCC rules by producing a radio that exceeds the legal maximum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts