GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it is here somewhere but I can’t find it. Need the link to the post about fixing the Anti-Dive so the ride is smoother but still works when you Brake.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
I didn't see that one, thanks!:thumbup:

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
I'd suggest you get a set of longer bolts and try raising the ADV by adding washers between the top and bottom halfes of the ADV through the longer bolts.
What you'll be doing is leaving to ADV functioning,but delaying when it "Fully" engages on braking.

Race tech does this with their kits.

The key here is to "Change your fliuids when you're supposed to" and the ADV won't stick.
The early year bikes had o-rings that could stick,but Honda changed them at one point so that doesn't happen any longer if fluids are changed.
(part number was superseded at one point,but no longer is shown in the fiche as superseded)

Why do so many think "Disable the ADV" is the only thing to do?.
Some salesman started the chicken little thing about the ADV to sell his wares and some sucked it up with a straw.Same guy claimed it was the cause of left fork seals to leak,And we know that turned out to be egg on his face too.lol

Clean brake fluid will keep it from sticking!

My bike has 93K on it and it's ADV still works fine.

I had tried the plastic spacer and it sucked when I'd hit the brakes from nose dive.I took it out and the bike was normal again.I did the same test twice with two years in between to see if I might change my mind?---Nope same results-didn't like the nose dive. I have progressive springs too.

So everyone has to try different things to see what YOU the rider likes or doesn't like.No one can tell you it's a "One size fits all".

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
My ADV was disabled internally when I had traxxion springs installed. The installer assure me that I would not miss the ADV and he was right. I see no need for one with the firmer springs. Just one less thing to be concerned about. JMHO

Fred

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can get the shim at JustWings.com.
Why would giving you money for that spacer work any better than spending almost nothing on the spacer method listed in the link?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts