GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what the part number is for the plunger part that extends when you apply the brake? I looked it up on the HDL OEM site. I think it shows it as diagram #36, but it's kind of hard to read and I'm not sure the description is correct. I remember someone here saying that you can purchase this part for around $30.00?

Thanks,
Russ

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
On my 02 it is #36.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On my 02 it is #36.
Just doesn't seem right. It says "bolt socket." It almost looks like #36 might be the part that the bleeder screws into. You know...the part that some guys shim to control the amount the plunger extends? Also, the cost just doesn't jive with what another person posted.

Thanks though,
Russ

·
Vendor
21,870 Posts
CASE, PLUNGER
51530-MCA-003
Item 31

CASE, PLUNGER
51530-MCA-A61
Item 31

I think the only difference in part number is because Honda changed the way they reference parts. I believe both numbers for 2002 and 2009 map back to the same part. But you might want to check with a dealer to make sure.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you very much Fred!!

I was able to activate mine by installing a 3/16 x 1/4 rivet that I dremeled down a hair. It works, but I would like to replace the part. I obviously cut my original.

Russ

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Eww! Actually, I thought you could purchase the plunger part instead of the entire unit. I thought there was a guy here who purchased the parts for $30. I'll have to search for that post.

·
Vendor
21,870 Posts
Eww! Actually, I thought you could purchase the plunger part instead of the entire unit. I thought there was a guy here who purchased the parts for $30. I'll have to search for that post.
I have never seen the plunger sold by itself. Only the whole upper assembly.

Jerry Roebke made some O ring replacement kits many years back and mailed a few of them out, but I don't think he does that anymore.

By the way, the 2002 part is listed at $30.44
The same part on the 2009 is listed at $131.16

I haven't checked other years...

·
Vendor
21,870 Posts
That must be the problem then. I wonder if you can order the older one...I know...dumb question.
I bet it's the same part. Call a dealer and ask them to cross reference the two part numbers. I bet they both map back to the same item.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Anyone know what the part number is for the plunger part that extends when you apply the brake? I looked it up on the HDL OEM site. I think it shows it as diagram #36, but it's kind of hard to read and I'm not sure the description is correct. I remember someone here saying that you can purchase this part for around $30.00?

Thanks,
Russ
Just a thought here, but there has been a lot of folks change to the Traxxion suspension and " may " have the part laying around. I'm not really sure if that part is used in the change over or not.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The ADV is left on the bike in a traxxion conversion, but just not functional.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a brand new one I won't be using as I am converting to RaceTech. Part no is 51530-MCA-003 and costs about US$30. You can have it for $25 and I'll throw in shipping by Canada Post.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a brand new one I won't be using as I am converting to RaceTech. Part no is 51530-MCA-003 and costs about US$30. You can have it for $25 and I'll throw in shipping by Canada Post.
Great man...I'll take it! Do you want paypal or what's the best way for you?

Thanks!
Russ

·
Registered
45 Posts
Looks like it changed from 2005 to 2006. I guess we'll see what happens.
I can't imagine what makes the new second part number worth $100 more. Ron Ayers lists both part numbers for 2006, for whatever that is worth. I suspect the expensive one includes the lower fork tube. If it doesn't work out, Russ, just let me know.
Ray.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I can't imagine what makes the new second part number worth $100 more. Ron Ayers lists both part numbers for 2006, for whatever that is worth. I suspect the expensive one includes the lower fork tube. If it doesn't work out, Russ, just let me know.
Ray.
It's all good man. I'm just happy you have it.

Thank you,
Russ

1 - 17 of 17 Posts