GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this subject has been gone over quite abit, however I'm still confused. I think I understand that an ADV frozen in the closed position will give one a harsh ride in the front. My question is, how does one know if it is the valve or something else.

The reason for my question is the fact that I can cycle the front suspension with the front brake applied, at a stand still. Also when coming to a stop the front suspension will cycle, with the front brake applied. The problem is that I still have a very harsh ride, mostly when hitting bumps in the road, like one inch road strips.

What I'm asking is the fact that the front suspension cycles mean that the ADV is good. :shrug:

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
On mine, if the front wheel would hit a pretty good bump, the handle bars would feel like the shock seemed to lock up and not work.

It doesn't take long to disable it. So that is what u could try and see if it helps.

I like it better with out the anti-dive.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I did the drilled nickel trick on my 'o1 and noticed a huge difference. It actually feels like a new front end.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts