GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried different thickness of shims so instead of totally disabling the valve it still worked but not as much. Just thought of another question. Is the valve a on or off deal or is it progressive?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I have been researching that very question, came across an interesting article over on Goldwing Facts, where the writer added an extra O-ring on the end of the piston that the brake system actuates.

Check you PMs.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My question is different from M61A1MECH's question. I'm curious that with a working ADV if any has experimented with different shim thickness. The goal being that the ADV would still engage but not as soon or to the same degree (wouldn't totally lock the fork).

·
Registered
5,970 Posts
Guess I'm confused by what you are trying to accomplish.

Instead of no dive you are hoping for slow dive?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well if the valve locks the fork when fully engaged, is there a shim that would only partially block the fluid rather then completely close the port. Does the valve fully engage at a certain brake pressure or does it gradually engage? If spacing the valve out a little bit would just stiffen the fork instead of locking the fork you could decrease dive without losing all fork travel.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I think that is effectively what I have done by inserting an O-Ring on the bottom of the list piston. Allows the piston to extend and push the anti dive piston down but the O-Ring will keep it from going hard up on the anti dive piston and when fully extended should give some compliance to the system. Easy experiment to do and I have extra O-Rings I am happy to send you one or two if you want to try it.
PM me with address you are interested.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts