GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to rebuild the upper half of my ADV. When I remove the top bleeder valve,(as in Fred's tutorial: http://www.pbase.com/fredharmon/antidive ) should I expect that all the brake fluid is going to drain out of the brake line and master cylinder through that valve, or just the little bit that is in the top valve cylinder?

After I replace the O-rings and re-assemle the ADV, I will replace all the brake fluid in the system. Because I opened up the ADV, are there any other concerns I should have about changing brake fluid and bleeding the lines?

Any and all advice is appreciated. Thanx!

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Floyd,

When I opened the drain valve on my ADV, no brake fluid at all came out. When I separated the two halves of my ADV, still no brake fluid came out, but when I went to loosen the lower assembly that's attached to the left fork, that's when I noticed fork oil oosing out, so I retightened it and just added a spacer under the drain valve bolt. That was the length of my ADV maintenance, since I'm having a complete Traxxion upgrade scheduled for May.

Once I was finished with that, I replaced all the brake fluid and the clutch fluid as well. I hope that you have a shop manual, since brake fluid replacement needs a sequence to be followed. If you don't, let me know and I'll send you a pm with the correct sequence.

Mike

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To answer my own question for others... a little bit of brake fluid came out... as much as was in that little upper ADV cylinder. I wiped it out and it seemed to keep dripping fluid at a very slow rate. So I bungied it up while I work of the plunger.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts