GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after reading posts about disabling the anti-dive, I used a piece of PVC and longer bolts. Did not notice much difference, brakes on or off. I still have jolts when hitting bumps through the handlebars. I guess Mother Honda needs to rubber mount the handlebars. :shrug:

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Well, after reading posts about disabling the anti-dive, I used a piece of PVC and longer bolts. Did not notice much difference, brakes on or off. I still have jolts when hitting bumps through the handlebars. I guess Mother Honda needs to rubber mount the handlebars. :shrug:
It's almost guaranteed that your anti-dive is "locked" up. I have a friend with a trike for whom I swapped out a leaking seal. I asked if he wanted his ADV disabled that being the likely cause of the seal to which he agreed. He rode for about a month then stopped over to demonstrate that his front end would "dive" if he put on the brakes and stated that had never happened before "just yesterday." My reply was - "Well, your anti-dive had been locked up and now it's not."

Simple answer. I would recommend that 1: you just ride for a while until it frees up or 2: get in there and fix it and change your fork oil on the same dime.

·
Registered
357 Posts
those jolts you feel are probably the oem springs hitting bottom. now that you have disabled the anti dive get some springs that will hold the bike up. i have the race tech set up which automatically deactivates the antidive internally. i have no jolts at all. in fact i have almost no dive at all. bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts